Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #241
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by susmoka View Post
Mine is a Paperwhite 2 (the older, 2GB version) can't remember exactly which firmware it had shipped with, but after I upgraded to the new version my fonts became too crispy which I really don't like and this font issue stayed the same ever since all the new updates. I even went to a retailer to check if it was the software issue, and it is, I compated it with the same model with the older software and that has perfect font formatting) So I'll just downgrade to one of the older ones, could be 5.4.5 or 5.4.4.1 as well, but whichever works and has nice font will be fine...
Not the best way to solve that problem.
Jail break your Kindle -
Then install our "font hack", use the fonts that you like.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #242
Kuramay
Kuramay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Branch Delay thank you
Kuramay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #243
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Depending on how much @BD manages to dumb things down at first, this is going to be slightly easier to handle on a *nix platform, and if you have decent control over your network.

So, err, you can maybe try to pass the time by burning some Linux LiveCDs in the meantime .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-03-2016 at 12:43 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #244
pbock
pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pbock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Depending on how much @BD manages to dumb things down at first, this is going to be slightly easier to handle on a *nix platform, and if you have decent control over your network.

So, err, you can maybe try to pass the time by burning some Linux LiveCDs in the meantime .
Luckily, I've got my old IBM Thinkpad (You know... the tablet PC's that existed before tablet PC's became cool XD ) in the corner, running Ubuntu.

and for network control... does it count if occasionally I get complete access to the configuration system of the internet box by going to youtube.com (I STILL haven't figured out why that is...)
pbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:56 PM   #245
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Has the jailbreak been released yet? If so, where do I find it?
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2016, 07:00 PM   #246
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Watch the first post for updates...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:31 AM   #247
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Is a VM OK? Or would a physical machine be better?
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #248
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'd go with a physical one, but mostly because I'm terrible at network topology and adding another layer of indirection is enough to confuse the hell out of me ;p.

You'll see what @BD comes up with, last time we tested it, you had a couple of different ways to set things up, so it won't necessarily be a problem.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:23 AM   #249
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool, cheers NiLuJe, I've got a VM already so would have been less hassle if I could use it as is. Will see if I can find a spare drive and install Ubuntu onto it.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #250
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Is a VM OK? Or would a physical machine be better?
Better stick with a LiveCD - VM's are not all alike, nor are the host machines they run on (both of which makes giving aid and assistance a PITA).

The LiveCD system runs in RAM, does not require that you find a 'spare drive', does not modify the existing drives.

Although many allow you to (optionally) use a USB stick for storage, so you might want to find a 'spare flash stick'.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #251
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
VM will work, windows will work with scripts, linux will work, freebsd will work, etc.

guessing someone will end up writing a much easier to use guide after I release this. I'll test it tonight to make sure it's still working. Haven't look at it in ~4 months.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #252
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Will it work with 5.7.2, BD?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #253
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Will it work with 5.7.2, BD?
Nope. That was the point of waiting.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #254
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch Delay View Post
Nope. That was the point of waiting.
Thank you. I thought that was the case, but just wanted to confirm it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #255
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch Delay View Post
VM will work, windows will work with scripts, linux will work, freebsd will work, etc.

guessing someone will end up writing a much easier to use guide after I release this. I'll test it tonight to make sure it's still working. Haven't look at it in ~4 months.
I'm running Ubuntu 15:10 in the VM, I have Zorin 9 or 11 live USB/CD.
Are there any packages it would help to have installed?
Would another flavour be better?

I'm also more than happy to try and help develop scripts for Windows (once I know the process). I know my way around various languages and write scripts as part of my job.

Last edited by Akirainblack; 02-04-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking