Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #106
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Try "Alexa, play rock music," "Alexa, play country music," "Alexa, play classical music," etc.
That works better than what I do. I tried this method when I first got it and occasionally got genres from IHeartRadio, so I went the route I posted. Now I'll switch back. Thanks.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:14 PM   #107
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Try "Alexa, play rock music," "Alexa, play country music," "Alexa, play classical music," etc.
That only works for known genres but if you have custom genre she doesn't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Alexa - Amazon Music Genre Rock

...it's hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
It wont work for custom genres. I guess they need to add that still.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #108
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So far really impressed with Echo Support. I sent a feedback from the app that Alexa can't play a certain artist and they got right back with me that they too couldn't get it to work and has forward it to developers and would let me know when it is fixed. It's the first time in a very long time I felt like a real human wrote me back when I normally send in feedback the response is never personalized and sometimes down right confusing. She told me a work around would be make a playlist with that artist's music and give it a name Echo could understand.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #109
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

How do you get Echo to play a Prime Playlist that isn't added or Prime Music station?
Old 02-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #110
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
How do you get Echo to play a Prime Playlist that isn't added or Prime Music station?
Just say "Alexa, play [name of the Prime playlist]." I just tried it with "Alexa, play Uptempo Pop for Work" and "Alexa, play Singing in the Shower," which I'd never played before, and it worked fine. You can use the Echo app, too.

As far as I know, it doesn't play Prime Stations directly at this time. You can connect your tablet/phone/computer to Echo via bluetooth and do it that way, though.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2015, 04:53 PM   #111
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Has anyone else ask Alexa about snow and she gives you the wrong accumulation total? They are saying we could get 5 to 10 inches of snow tonight here in Raleigh. Alexa says 0.1.2 inches.

Does anyone know what source she is using for weather?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Does anyone know what source she is using for weather?
She looks out the window
Old 02-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #113
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
She looks out the window
Seeing the window is 20 feet away from her and cover with a thick heavy blanket that is a pretty neat super power she has there.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #114
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Well we got 3 inches and 78,000 people without power. We was one of them till 9:30 this morning. It was cold! We lost our fridge contents. Alexa is okay though and still her odd self.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #115
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well we got 3 inches and 78,000 people without power. We was one of them till 9:30 this morning. It was cold! We lost our fridge contents. Alexa is okay though and still her odd self.
I'm glad you and Alexa are okay. Sorry you lost food due to the power outage, though. The cold weather certainly has been brutal lately in much of the country!

I just asked Echo if it will snow here. Alexa responded "No snow is expected today," which doesn't surprise me since it's 70 degrees right now and I've never seen more than a few snowflakes here. Echo's often quite accurate when predicting rain amounts where I live, but sometimes not. Weather forecasting is an inexact science, for sure.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #116
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I want presets for the Echo; and not a measly 10 or so. I want at least 100 or more. There are thousands of net radio stations, so lots of presets are needed.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #117
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Is anyone else's Echo acting buggy today? cutting off after you say the wake word. Shuffling and playing from your entire library when you gave a specific command? Giving wrong weather? It's like she having a really bad day.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-04-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #118
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Is anyone else's Echo acting buggy today? cutting off after you say the wake word. Shuffling and playing from your entire library when you gave a specific command? Giving wrong weather? It's like she having a really bad day.
No, I haven't experienced any problems with Echo today. You might try unplugging the device, wait a minute or so, and plug it in again.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #119
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
No, I haven't experienced any problems with Echo today. You might try unplugging the device, wait a minute or so, and plug it in again.
Did that it did not help. I clean the top off she seems okay so far. There was a white hair on top. I wonder if that caused it.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #120
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
She's getting old?? (sorry, I don't have one. I'm just an eaves dropper here.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote