Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
klmmc13
formatting student
klmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseklmmc13 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: several models of Kindle; Several Android tablets & 3 Android phones.
Greetings from South Arkansas

Greetings All from South Arkansas. Nice to meet y'all.

After reading several posts for us newbies by DesertGrandma, and others requesting that we come over here and introduce ourselves, I thought it might be a good idea.

The name is Kathy, the nickname is Kat or MamaDragon (long story). I've been an avid SF/Fantasy reader since I discovered Heinlein's Podkayne of Mars and Andre Norton's books in my junior high school library. (dating myself there)

I grew up in the desert north of Los Angeles, now live in South Arkansas; raising and homeschooling kids & grandkids, and dogs. OH! and Cats and Dragons (they have personal staff, not owners.) I started e-reading on a palm pda, and have graduated to a Nook Color, and a Motorola Razr; the kids have an early nook and kindle 2nd gen.

Now! -- if they'd just make an e-reader that is as durable and easy to carry as a mass-market paperback, versatile(sp) as a tablet for all the differing formats, as much storage as the library of congress, with a version that was a large enough screen for college textbooks or aging eyes, it would be a perfect world.

Have a Good/Peaceful/Quiet/Warm Weekend!
Kathy
klmmc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
w1k0
Banned
w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite 2
You had 0 replies and I have 0 replies because we're both newbies. I decided to spoil your result writing this post. Feel free to spoil my result as well. (My girlfriend's name is Kathy too -- in Polish it's Kasia).
w1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kathy, Kate & MamaDragon and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote