Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
jjalo123456
jjalo123456 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Printing an .mobi book

Is there any way to print a .mobi book?
I have this book, quantum theory cannot hurt you my by Marcus Chown, in .mobi. However it would be of much bigger use if it was in paper. I use Mobipocket reader to read it, and it's great as a reader but it has no printing option avaliable anywhere... If anyone could help me i'd really appreciate!

PS:I've tought about converting it to .pdf, but i'm afraid the position of the text will chance. In mobireader it is has the dimension of an A3 paper, and in pdf i'm afraid it would change to A4...

Thanks!
jjalo123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
No .mobi reader that I know of allows printing.

Also, no .mobi reader that I know of has a page size. .mobi is all reflowed.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
You can print a .mobi with Calibre. I have not done it and thus don't know what it looks like... You might check the Calibre forum for more.

L
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote