Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Kobo Touch

Has anyone bought a KT that actually works out of the box without all the issues that have been mentioned on this forum?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
riverlily
Enthusiast
riverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony eReader PR350
I haven't had any problems with my Kobo touch yet and I've had it for about 2 months
riverlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
i bought mine launch day and yet to experience any problems. i think it's a matter of having a good system and not mixing different loading programs (such as the desktop app, ade, calibre) stick to one and you'll be fine. i use calibre exclusively.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
i bought mine launch day and yet to experience any problems. i think it's a matter of having a good system and not mixing different loading programs (such as the desktop app, ade, calibre) stick to one and you'll be fine. i use calibre exclusively.
This. Exactly.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
BWinmill
Nameless Being

The two bugs that I have run into have been fixed (and one wasn't even critical). Even if your Kobo is shipped without the bug fixes, you should receive them the first time you connect your Kobo to your computer and register it with the Kobo software.
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kobo Touch
My experience has been very smooth... Nothing that hasn't been addressed in the firmware updates.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #7
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Has anyone bought a KT that actually works out of the box without all the issues that have been mentioned on this forum?
Yeah.

I use it with Calibre, with the most recent updates on both the KT (installed during set-up) and Calibre. Updated fine, synced fine, reads fine, etc. Everything's been smooth. I'm quite happy with it.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #8
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Only issue I've had is the spontaneous power up glitch, which appears to have stopped as of the 1.9.11 update. Otherwise my experience has been problem free since I received my KT several months ago.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #9
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've had mine for a couple of months, and had no issues whatsoever. I use Calibre. All of my updates have gone smoothly.

If you look at the Poll on user satisfaction for KT, you'll find it over 81% (I think)
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #10
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
Ya, seems to be the case for me. I only ran into problem due to using different programs. After factory resetting, I now use calibre for nearly everything except loading library books (which I used ADE) and everything has been working well.
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #11
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I only use calibre to put books on to the SD card and ADE to put library books on.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #12
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Worked perfect out of the box. I did use different programs to load books. Used the kobo desktop for books I got from kobo store, I used ADE once when I first got the kobo and didn't know better. Now I'm just using calibre.

However, never had a single problem. Nor did any of my family members or friends, who are a lot less computer savvy and would have a higher chance of breaking things.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Bought one for my wife last weekend. Registered, automatic upgrade to 1.9.11, used Calibre to load a bunch of books, so far no problems (knock on wood).
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #14
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bought one 6 weeks ago and had no real issues. Bought another for my wife last weekend and she's pleased as punch with it.

As many people have said before here, these forums are a place to get questions and problems resolved, so you're going to see a lot of that kind of thing. Don't forget that for every person with a problem in these forums, there are probably hundreds who are happy, have no problems and don't come here to tell everyone on a regular basis how problem-free they are. In other words, you only hear the squeaky wheels.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
Panatec
Panatec began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mine had been fine until firmware update 1.9.10, which caused the factory reset problem. 1.9.11 which is the current firmware causes the SD card problem. Although the epub last line cut off issue was solved, but it is not solved for PDF file.

Whether these issues are popular, I do not know. From the answers of this forum, I do not think you can even get close to the real percentage figure of faulty ones.

1. Someone has issues but may not post here.
2. Someone posts here but may not find issues yet.
3. Someone has issues and posts here but the issues may not be real.
Panatec is offline   Reply With Quote