Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Pocketbook Firmwares

Pocketbook has decided to raise its prices, which I can't really understand (and believe me, I tried). As a company, they can do whatever they want to their products.

As Consumers, we can and have to express ourselves on the web for potential new customers to be able to get the necessary information before buying.

So basically, here is the message:
Owners of (at least) IQ and 302 need the promised FW asap, and by that I do not mean 2011. Those have been promised (Android 2.2 for the IQ and a working FW with a real browser for the 302) for a long time, TTS is for instance part of the product spec for the IQ, so it not a futuristic concept but something that should have been implemented from the beginning.

If Pocketbook cannot deliver very very soon, it will mean to me they will never deliver, and I would advise anyone who is interested to make sure they will be happy with the price they will pay for the devices in their actual WORKING specifications as opposed to the promised made by PB or what is written on the box. TTS is actually written on the box of the IQ but is not available (can't you be sued for this in the US by the way ?). Anyway, this is not acceptable.

Astak too has been promising for months now new products in their e-reader segment, and see where they are.

We need Android 2.2 with TTS on the IQ, and we need the long, long promised new FW on the 302. We need them NOW.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
prusaks
prusaks began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
The only information I have about PocketBook 302 new fw is that it should be ready for January. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...218&page=9#132
But I'm not even sure if it is correct.
prusaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Pocketbook has decided to raise its prices, which I can't really understand (and believe me, I tried). As a company, they can do whatever they want to their products.

As Consumers, we can and have to express ourselves on the web for potential new customers to be able to get the necessary information before buying.

So basically, here is the message:
Owners of (at least) IQ and 302 need the promised FW asap, and by that I do not mean 2011. Those have been promised (Android 2.2 for the IQ and a working FW with a real browser for the 302) for a long time, TTS is for instance part of the product spec for the IQ, so it not a futuristic concept but something that should have been implemented from the beginning.

If Pocketbook cannot deliver very very soon, it will mean to me they will never deliver, and I would advise anyone who is interested to make sure they will be happy with the price they will pay for the devices in their actual WORKING specifications as opposed to the promised made by PB or what is written on the box. TTS is actually written on the box of the IQ but is not available (can't you be sued for this in the US by the way ?). Anyway, this is not acceptable.

Astak too has been promising for months now new products in their e-reader segment, and see where they are.

We need Android 2.2 with TTS on the IQ, and we need the long, long promised new FW on the 302. We need them NOW.

I understand your frustration ...

Programmers and both are working without pause to as quickly as possible to fix bugs and add the promised features such as TTS ...

But from what someone needs, what to do now, it now appears ... It appears then when you're done. If you think someone is going to deceive purchasers, and is not ready to fulfill the promises, it is not. Yes, our fault that we did not manage to complete all the promised features to the top sales ...

But if you think that making a claim to magically solve the problem, then I think you're wrong ...
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote