Notices

Old 03-25-2024, 05:46 PM   #406
Dibbler
Enthusiast
Dibbler began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Kobo Aura One and Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
She's using my old Aura One, so 7.8", so I should get a SAGE right? It's pretty much the same size. Mother's Day is May 12th in Canadaland.

I refunded my Sage. Compared to my wife's Libra 2 it was not good, in terms of screen uniformity and appearance.
Battery life seemed not good, but that is known.

I even preferred my screen on the Aura One over that of the Sage.
Dibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:34 AM   #407
DJUNGELSKOG
DJUNGELSKOG doesn't litterDJUNGELSKOG doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW5
Libra 2, Sage and Elipsa 2e just went on sale in Belgium (and probably everywhere else), so we probably won't see any announcements until April 7th.
DJUNGELSKOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:41 AM   #408
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
At the US Kobo site Libra2 and the Elipsa Pack are on sale. Not the Sage or Elipsa2E.

Also, all refurbished readers (Nia, Clara2E, LibraH2O and Forma) are sold out.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 05:22 AM   #409
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
The only Kobo on sale at my Kobo store is the Forma, 10% off. Clara 2E sold out.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 05:28 AM   #410
Dibbler
Enthusiast
Dibbler began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Kobo Aura One and Clara 2E
Libra 2 only on sale in the UK, from £169 to £149 UK pounds.
Dibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 06:44 AM   #411
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I still say September for the release of the new Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 06:52 AM   #412
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Libra on sale at Kobo US and Kobo Spain.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 08:10 AM   #413
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I still say September for the release of the new Kobo.
September 2024?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:18 AM   #414
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
September 2024?
September 2024
Old 04-01-2024, 10:59 AM   #415
Thena
Thena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Libra 2
Been waiting for this update for awhile, but may get a Libra 2 by June. I already have an old Kindle that works so not rushed.

Kobo's Instagram posted a cryptic "Stay Tuned" when asked about clear cases.
Thena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:45 AM   #416
Penny
Penny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I tried waiting out the arrival of the new Libra since this thread started. Initially the patent filing seemed promising but after half a year of waiting with no news, it seems that the earliest release date will be in Q4 2024.
Now's a good time to buy with the rare $20 discount being applied at most retailers. I pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier.
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 01:35 PM   #417
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm still sticking for a September 2024 announce time period.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:14 PM   #418
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I don’t „need“ a new device, but I’m still curious what it’ll be.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 02:47 PM   #419
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I don’t „need“ a new device, but I’m still curious what it’ll be.
Much like me looking at the Bigme 25.3" Kaleido 3 monitor or the all-in-one computer built around that monitor. I may never want to buy one but still interested in looking. If I stop looking, it's time to put me to bed with a shovel.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 03:20 PM   #420
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
I'd settle for a Sage device with a non-soldered/removable SD card. I still have half a mind to grab a Libra 2 just so I have something I can more easily repair if the memory ever dies. I've still got my trusty Clara HD as a fallback, but who knows if I'll still have any micro-USB cables lying around in ten years...
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote