Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #256
gett
gett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
My Ubuntu LiveUSB is ready
gett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #257
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I was hoping that OP was in NZ so I would see it now haha

Would this work on OSX? Is it some sort of perl script or something?

By the way thanks BD, been waiting for this for half a year already!!
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #258
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Luckily I've got a slow rig with an up-to-date elementary OS build. I'm kinda glad that the 5.7.2 update failed for my shiny new PW3 (bad file apparently).

Last edited by Logseman; 02-04-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #259
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Tested, still working on my PW3.

NiLuJe, thank you for the update.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:06 AM   #260
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch Delay View Post

Sat here with a Live USB/CD/VM refreshing the page.... Can't wait to get my book covers displaying as the screensaver.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:23 AM   #261
ppyyf
ppyyf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Sat here with a Live USB/CD/VM refreshing the page.... Can't wait to get my book covers displaying as the screensaver.
Me too
ppyyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:55 AM   #262
Gabbb
Enthusiast
Gabbb began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
My screensaver will be an artistic photo of a mayonnaise bottle. Those pencils are driving me crazy.
Gabbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:48 AM   #263
flideravi
flideravi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch Basic, KT2 - 90DD, firmware - 5.6.5(2730300038))
Red face Why the wait??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch Delay View Post

Amazon out with patched firmware - Check
Jailbreak still working on devices - Check

BD - don't make us wait now please.... Give up the secret already.
I am going for the fix!!
flideravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:23 AM   #264
davearrrrr
davearrrrr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Sorry for my ignorance, but why will I need to jailbreak using a LinuxOS?

Also, does this jailbreak remove ads?
davearrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #265
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
No, it will not remove ads. Check the forum rules. Pay to remove them or live with them.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:14 AM   #266
XXCoder
Enthusiast
XXCoder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle pw2, NST
YAY!

I can't wait to get rid of them pencils too. And many stock pictures I see million times each by now. :P

I look forward to finally customizing my kindle pw2.
XXCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #267
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Quick question -- it's been a while since I registered a new Kindle. Assuming my KV arrives tonight with 5.6.5 (fingers crossed), how do I turn it on and register without it beginning to search for and do the over-the-air update? Can I even turn it on to confirm the software (it's the Wifi/3g model)? Does anyone recall the process our good friends at Amazon take you through at the beginning? Thanks!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #268
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
You don't have to register it right away. Just don't turn on wifi.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #269
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Quick question -- it's been a while since I registered a new Kindle. Assuming my KV arrives tonight with 5.6.5 (fingers crossed), how do I turn it on and register without it beginning to search for and do the over-the-air update? Can I even turn it on to confirm the software (it's the Wifi/3g model)? Does anyone recall the process our good friends at Amazon take you through at the beginning? Thanks!
A 3G model - that will be tricky.

Other than maybe wrapping it in aluminum foil before turning in on - -
You can hope they don't distribute updates via 3G.
I am pretty sure they stopped doing OTA over 3G after they stopped updating the 3G-only series 2 devices (K2, DX, DXG).

Wifi you can deal with -
Keep it out of range of a Wifi connection (or be faster than the download) -
Power it up -
Set the language -
It will lead you into the 'finish setup' series of panels -
watch near the bottom of the screen for 'complete setup later' message in about 1pt type (very tiny print) -
Use that selection (the 'later' thing) -
Now do the usual "enable Airplane mode" routine.

"Airplane mode" disables Wifi AND 3G
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #270
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
OTA distribution of 5.7.2 isn't likely to start for several weeks yet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking