Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2023, 08:05 PM   #46
sjnmd
sjnmd began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdotdot3 View Post
Hi. Thanks for making this post. Could I get the SD card image for Libra 2? I need the image to have a stock or installed firmware version >= 4.32. I know some people (including me) bricked their libra 2 by downgrading to a firmware version <= 4.31. It seems like if your libra 2 comes with a firmware >= 4.32, you cannot downgrade it further because the old battery management doesn't seem functional on new revisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
PMs sent.

And yes, downgrading to a version older than the factory version is Not A Good Idea and, as mentioned, can brick your ereader since the hardware support is not there.
Same problem here with my Libra 2, would you please kindly send me a SD card image with a firmware >= 4.32? Thanks advance.
sjnmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 08:11 PM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnmd View Post
Same problem here with my Libra 2, would you please kindly send me a SD card image with a firmware >= 4.32? Thanks advance.
Sorry but I don't have one available. One solution that one person tried and reported success with was to copy the contents of a Kobo firmware update file into the .kobo directory on the new µSD before installing it in their Libra.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2023, 09:30 PM   #48
sjnmd
sjnmd began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Doesn't work. Libra just say "battery too low to install update" and then stuck on the "please charge your ereader" page as usual. Hoping there is a new version of SD image in the future. Anyway, thanks a lot.
sjnmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:45 AM   #49
Picpicwhat
Picpicwhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara
I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N249 Clara HD.
My sd card is corrupted I think.
Picpicwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:33 AM   #50
Siaynoq
Siaynoq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
My Kobo N249 Clara HD has a corrupted SD card: I tried to copy/clone, but there are read errors. Also, the device stuck on the 3 dots / Upgrading screen. No lights when plugged in. Would a new card + image help me out here?
All help is appreciated!
Siaynoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2023, 02:40 PM   #51
mathias9807
mathias9807 began at the beginning.

I would also like to get a copy of the firmware image for the Kobo N249 Clara HD ��, Thanks for the help!
mathias9807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:19 PM   #52
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PMs sent
Old 09-01-2023, 03:59 AM   #53
N62.3
N62.3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura h2o
Hello, looking for an SD image for a Kobo N250 Aura H2O.

Thanks,
-n
N62.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:21 PM   #54
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 09-01-2023, 01:45 PM   #55
lordgbyron
lordgbyron began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hallo,
Plz send me Kobo Glo HD new image 4 microSD.
Thx
Greetz
Andy
lordgbyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 07:44 PM   #56
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 09-02-2023, 08:12 AM   #57
roosterdog
roosterdog began at the beginning.

I would like the firmware image for a Kobo Clara HD.

Thanks!
roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 10:57 AM   #58
lin_nux
lin_nux began at the beginning.

I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N249 Clara HD, thanks.
lin_nux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 04:36 PM   #59
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 09-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #60
Vmortis
Vmortis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N249 Clara HD
Frozen -- Kobo N249 Clara HD

Hello,
my Kobo N249 Clara HD display got stuck /frozen at the "restoring" screen when trying to Factory reset.

Led flashes and stays on as normal but screen won't even blink, then I can also turn it off,led will go off, while screen remains the same.

Already tried to make a backup of the SD card but the image creator from vconsole gave some read/corrupt file error...

Can someone send me an image of SD card + instructions for the fix?
thanks
Vmortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware requests