Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2022, 09:47 PM   #31
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
And in minutes, your mod is added to my Libra 2 and Forma, moved to the Top Left where I want it. And so much nicer and cleaner than the Miniclock I was using on the Forma. Thank you again.

Edit: No tweaks needed, I'm just glad to have a clock visible
set your hor_margin to 60 and it will look eve better.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:20 PM   #32
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
New release 0.2.0 is out, and can be downloaded here. This adds the previously discussed adjustable margins feature.

As mentioned in the release notes, the uninstall.txt file can be deleted, because uninstall is now the file used to trigger an uninstall of NickelClock.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2022, 09:44 AM   #33
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using v.0.2.0, the clock would revert to default position when I turn on dark mode while reading. If i hit Back to Home and get out of the reader and then reopen the book again, it returns to custom position.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:34 PM   #34
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
set your hor_margin to 60 and it will look eve better.
You're right, thanks
I just didn't want to appear ungrateful.

Now there's room for a little battery percentage next to it.

Is it possible to add that to this clock too?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #35
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
New release 0.2.0 is out, and can be downloaded here. This adds the previously discussed adjustable margins feature.

As mentioned in the release notes, the uninstall.txt file can be deleted, because uninstall is now the file used to trigger an uninstall of NickelClock.
Thank you so much, it's perfect
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2022, 06:36 PM   #36
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Using v.0.2.0, the clock would revert to default position when I turn on dark mode while reading. If i hit Back to Home and get out of the reader and then reopen the book again, it returns to custom position.
I'll investigate this later today. Hopefully I can figure out a way to handle this. Thanks for the report.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:37 PM   #37
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Now there's room for a little battery percentage next to it.

Is it possible to add that to this clock too?
I'll have a look to see how complex this will be. If I can't do percentage, it might be possible to use the icon.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:54 PM   #38
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
I'll have a look to see how complex this will be. If I can't do percentage, it might be possible to use the icon.
The icon is fine if possible.

To add to my observation and experience. When turning to darkmode, the clock position reverts to default automatic position. Going out of the reader and reopening the book fixes the clock position. Switching from darkmode to normal mode reverts the click position to default automatic position as well and the solution is the same.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #39
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
It would be great if you could find a simple way to include battery level.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:33 PM   #40
sdothum
Enthusiast
sdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Can confirm dark mode switching causing margin reset and requiring reopening book.

If battery level is added.. please make this optional (configurable on/off) for those of us who like to keep our header and footers neat.
sdothum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:35 PM   #41
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdothum View Post
Can confirm dark mode switching causing margin reset and requiring reopening book.

If battery level is added.. please make this optional (configurable on/off) for those of us who like to keep our header and footers neat.
Absolutely would be configurable.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:48 PM   #42
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Your github examples show the time and x/xx (pages). My actual reading page (on Libra 2) shows e.g. Chapter Four <title of chapter> x/xx and then the time, which with a longer chapter title, appears like x/xx9:15 (pages/time run together). I can reconfigure to show time in footer, but when kobo shows it by default, it appears in the header, so I'd prefer it there consistently. Is there a setting I'm missing to avoid displaying the chapter number and/or title?

Thanks for making a clock that's stable/safe enough for a newbie to easily install! (Using ver 0.2.0)
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:22 PM   #43
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Your github examples show the time and x/xx (pages). My actual reading page (on Libra 2) shows e.g. Chapter Four <title of chapter> x/xx and then the time, which with a longer chapter title, appears like x/xx9:15 (pages/time run together). I can reconfigure to show time in footer, but when kobo shows it by default, it appears in the header, so I'd prefer it there consistently. Is there a setting I'm missing to avoid displaying the chapter number and/or title?

Thanks for making a clock that's stable/safe enough for a newbie to easily install! (Using ver 0.2.0)
You can change the format of the header in the Kobo reading settings (there are three options, or none). The clock should work with any of them (except none).

Also, the chosen book has an effect. This particular book I'm using has chapter numbers with no chapter name.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:45 PM   #44
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Quote:
You can change the format of the header in the Kobo reading settings (there are three options, or none). The clock should work with any of them (except none).
Yes, but none of those options are the chapter number or title.

Quote:
Also, the chosen book has an effect. This particular book I'm using has chapter numbers with no chapter name.
Apparently the books I'm currently reading insist on showing both. Could you possibly show a <space> before the time? If not, thanks anyway, I'll just have to decide if it occurs often enough to warrant moving to the footer.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:25 AM   #45
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Yes, but none of those options are the chapter number or title.

Apparently the books I'm currently reading insist on showing both. Could you possibly show a <space> before the time? If not, thanks anyway, I'll just have to decide if it occurs often enough to warrant moving to the footer.
Chapter headings/titles are, more often than not, longer than the title. You can swap the header and footer via patch so the chapter titles are in the footer position, then use footer location for the clock so it will appear in the header position with the book title

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 06-30-2022 at 12:45 AM.