Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #106
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post

And the "we" only included those Sony users who switched out, your honor is safe m'lady.
You should check the verb form before posting. He said :

"Since Sony is going in the direction that they are moving (non-front light) then those of us who desire that light are moving in another direction."

So your statement is not correct.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #107
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

then those of us who desire that light are moving in another direction.

I bolded the part that falls under "we" for you. Also, I am done, this conversation is derailed.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #108
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
And i think we don't need any light on the reader. There still enough people who see there other things more important then light, stable Firmware, Calibre supporting, etc. We like it the way it is. And we will buy an Sony Reader PRS T3.

Last edited by samy2; 09-05-2013 at 04:19 PM.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #109
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
then those of us who desire that light are moving in another direction.

I bolded the part that falls under "we" for you. Also, I am done, this conversation is derailed.
You don't know what are the priorities of every single ereader user, so you can have people who still want front lighting but opt for Sony because front lighting is not perfect enough to not decrease the quality of what they see in the electronic page. So you still are not correct.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #110
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The weight difference is negligable. It would take someone with a real serious hand, wrist, or arm problem to have the weight difference between a paperwhite and a T3 be a deciding factor.
Lighter is lighter. If they want the lightest, it's the T3 and who are you to say what is a deciding factor for somebody else?

Quote:

Amazon has excellent dictionaries and they are easy to add or remove from a device. I doubt that Sony's are that much better or varied.
I like how you admit that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about and then, in the same breath, say that Kindle's dictionaries are just as good. According to what little information I can find from the specs Amazon is publishing on their site, they do not have built-in bilingual dictionaries. My T1 has two English dictionaries, Spanish/English, French/English, German/English, Italian/English, and Dutch/English. So, better, I think. T3 seems to be a step back, though, as the Canadian version of it only seems to offer French/English and Spanish/English bilingual dictionaries.

Quote:
So their device is more expensive then a current generation Paperwhite, a bit lighter, and you have to use a cover in order to protect the back of the device. So folks who prefer no cover do not have an option.
Again, talking out of your...We don't know if there will be any kind of backplate included for those who want that. I haven't seen anything that says anything about this. And, with cover, the T3 is ten bucks cheaper than an uncovered Paperwhite here in Canada.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #111
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I like what I see in the T3 and look forward to more in-depth reviews. Personally I don't care if it has no front light (apart from the lighted cover option). I also like the idea of a built in cover (hope there is an option to purchase with lighted cover directly instead of having to end up with a cover that won't be used).

Too bad it (apparently) is not the Carta screen, but it will be interesting how it looks in side-by-side comparisons with Paperwhite and Aura (and presumably a new Nook), in 'normal' indoor light. I expect T3 will compare favorably. That does not mean everybody will prefer it (given the many other factors), but it should do as well as ever.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #112
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
Why do you threathen,Sony ? good luck to you.if you find happiness elsewhere.
I bought yesterday prs-t3 139€, i hope to have it on this monday.

I am more interested in better resolution, le easy in use of software, the weight device, lookup with wiki and google etc..

Sorry for my poor english.
Good luck with your purchase. Me, I'm going in another direction. Good luck with what you have. I won't even address the first part of your post.

Cheers!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #113
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
I think you should be careful when you generalize with the "us old Sony users" thing.

I AM a old Sony user, and i am very satisfied with the company and the products. I do like that they have an idea and stick to it despite the whiners. As said previsouly, lighting is an extra, and i value immensely more the core qualities of a reader, and i think in that field, Sony has been great, because their ereaders are the best quality products i have ever tried and used. So stop the "we" thing, ok?
Another on the ignore list. CLICK!! Have fun with your reader.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #114
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Another on the ignore list. CLICK!! Have fun with your reader.

That' a rather childish and silly behaviour.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #115
samy2
Ebook-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBilly View Post
Lighter is lighter. If they want the lightest, it's the T3 and who are you to say what is a deciding factor for somebody else?
That's the point not everybody got. Everyone has his own preference, and not to all has an intern light as number one on their list. What reader you prefer is a really personal thing. Read and lets read.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #116
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I found this video on You Tube which shows the T3 at its best

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w8napQcFp0c
And another one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dsNY5HcYrI
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #117
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I found this video on You Tube which shows the T3 at its best

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w8napQcFp0c
Companies really should caption their own videos, rather than relying on Youtube's automated speech-to-text captions. I'm pretty sure Sony didn't actually want to communicate the message:

Quote:
"It's lame, it's lightweight..."
Captioning really isn't that hard or that expensive, and it allows Deaf customers to access marketing materials. Why isn't it happening?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #118
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Interesting that neither of the Sony videos show the light possibly they realise that it's a slightly antiquated naff design.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #119
samy2
Ebook-Fan

Here you can see the light cover it' rather nice:

http://www.heise.de/video/artikel/Er...3-1950290.html

http://ebook-fieber.de/e-reader/ifa-...ands-on-video/
Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #120
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

The light thing looks so slick and stylish. I really like it. I am also really pleased by the little things that reveal lots of good intellectual input put into the project. That small detail of opening the case and immediately the book opens in the last read page makes it look and feel even more like a classical paper book, that i consider an almost perfect product in terms of form and function. It was very well thought not to force the user to press a button to start reading. Less "device-y" and more "book".

The quick charge is technically very interesting and very useful. With such a long battery life i assume this feature will not be used very frequently but still is good to know you could extend significantly your reading time with just a quick charge.

In my opinion, great design details. It is hard to improve an almost perfect product as a paper book is, and Sony really tried to make not a completely new class of object, or a "reading machine" but instead something that uses new technology to create a modernized form of a "book". I like the approach.

Last edited by Salgueiros; 09-06-2013 at 04:17 AM.