Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Problem with spell-checking hyphenated words

I've probably just missed the resolution about this, but I haven't been able to find it. The problem started after updating to 1.44.0

If I spell check a book, and a hyphenated word comes up, I can't go to the word in the file to see the context, I can't choose a replacement word from the list and have it 'take', and if I write a new option in the box, it doesn't 'take' either.

Clicking ignore works, as well as Add word to dictionary. These options aren't always the best, although I have been fixing the word outside spell check and then refreshing. Not my favorite way either.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
I've probably just missed the resolution about this, but I haven't been able to find it. The problem started after updating to 1.44.0

If I spell check a book, and a hyphenated word comes up, I can't go to the word in the file to see the context, I can't choose a replacement word from the list and have it 'take', and if I write a new option in the box, it doesn't 'take' either.

Clicking ignore works, as well as Add word to dictionary. These options aren't always the best, although I have been fixing the word outside spell check and then refreshing. Not my favorite way either.
@MerlinMama - until 1.44 spellchecker treated the parts as separate words.

See these threads for related discussion - ==>> Suggestion: Spell Check Tool Enhancement and from post#28 in Doesn't save changes

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
What MerlinMama is saying is that if having run Spellcheck, ordinarily if one double clicks on a word in the table of Words that are considered errors (the table with Word, Count and Language in it) one is taken to the word in Code View where you can see it and its context.

That does not work for me either in the case of double clicking a hyphenated word in that table, it just takes you to the file it is in. Changing it in Spellcheck does not work either.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...f86706402746d5
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:54 AM   #5
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@MerlinMama - until 1.44 spellchecker treated the parts as separate words.

See these threads for related discussion - ==>> Suggestion: Spell Check Tool Enhancement and from post#28 in Doesn't save changes

BR
I know it didn't check hyphenated words before AS hyphenated words. Doesn't change the fact that it doesn't work properly for me right now.

Before if I clicked on the wrong word in the list, it would show me that word in the file being checked and now it doesn't. Before, if I clicked to change the word to the correct spelling (whether from the list of suggestions or one I typed in), it would change it, and now it doesn't. Ignoring and adding the word works, but I don't want to do that if it's a mistake, I want to fix it.

This is my problem. Thanks for your response, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I don't know what that means...
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 05:56 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
I don't know what that means...
That is a link to the github entry recording that an error has been found and fixed. You can expect the fix to be incorporated into the next Calibre release (probably next Friday) or available immediately if you are running from source.

Last edited by itimpi; 07-12-2014 at 07:46 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #7
MerlinMama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
That is a link to the github entry indicating that an error has been found and fixed. You can expect the fix to be incorporated into the next Calibre release (probably next Friday) or available immediately if you are running from source.
Ok thanks! I'll get the hang of things like that soon I hope!