Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
sindu
sindu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hell to All

Warm Greeting from Singapore. I am thinking of getting ebook reader for both reading electronic book but also subscription to newspapers and magazine. My criteria is that it should be able to display both chinese character and alphabets. Hence a wifi connection would make it easier for me to get streaming from my newspaper and magazine. As I travel every 2 days, the ebook reader will allow me to read my newspaper and magazine in the flight. I join the forum to learn more about this stuff before I make decision on the device. I am looking forward to read many information and suggestion by members and would like to extend my appreciation for the information provided.
sindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the board. I hope someone is able to help you out. It's definitely not my area of expertise!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi sindu and welcome to MobileRead!

You may find some helpful information in these threads about ebook readers that display Chinese fonts. There are also quite a few members from China who may be able to help.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=chinese

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=chinese
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:13 AM   #4
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
And hell to you too!!!

(Okay - I know it was just a typo).
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hello sindu:

You'll find a lot of intellectual stimulation and a lot of free, public domain books here.

The Community is broad and crazy - but in a good sense!

Explore all the areas of your interest and please feel free to ask questions. There's always an "expert" on board.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-05-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: of
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
sindu

Thank you guys for the response... and my bad... I didn't put the "O" after the "Hell"... no offence please.

Strangely enough, Singapore as a tech savvy country with lots of gadget around, there is no single shop selling ebook readers !!!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sindu and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
sindu

Hi guys... I finally bought my first ebook reader. It is Ectaco M218B with wifi and 16 grey scale. I know it does not support many format but at least I take the plunge and start from there. I would certainly buy kindle when it support chinese character and download internationally...
Old 05-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Congrats sindu -- I'm sure you will love it!

What formats does it support?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Hi sindu and welcome to the club!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
sindu

It support EBA, TXT, WOF, PDF, HTML, EBAML(EBA2.0), BMP, JPG, GIF, Animated GIF, MP3. I have yet to figure on how to make the whole things works though...