Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
BuBTT
BuBTT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Kobo Device Stuck on Sleep Screen in Koreader

I have a huge problem with my device(aura edition 2) now. I normally use Koreader to read books and my device and koreader were both up to date. Last time I read book i left it as sleep mode. I couldn't use the device for couple of days. Now it does not respond to anything. I tried plugging to computer not even the lights up, tried charge for couple of hours nothing; tried hard reset by pressing the button for 1 min again no response. Does anybody had same issue with Koreader?
BuBTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Battery probably died while it was asleep.

Try plugging it to a *wall charger* for *a while* (>12hrs).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
BuBTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Battery probably died while it was asleep.

Try plugging it to a *wall charger* for *a while* (>12hrs).
Still same for more than 20 hours charge should I continue until it gives response?
Old 01-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It sounds like a problem with the device, how were you launching KOReader? KSM, or from within nickel? A hardware reset might be needed if it is not the battery or some other hardware failure.

Whenever an eink device stops working (for any reason) whatever happens to be showing on the screen remains.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-13-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:23 PM   #5
BuBTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It sounds like a problem with the device, how were you launching KOReader? KSM, or from within nickel? A hardware reset might be needed if it is not the battery or some other hardware failure.

Whenever an eink device stops working (for any reason) whatever happens to be showing on the screen remains.

Luck;
Ken
From ksm and after the last update it was working fine. Worst part is hard reset does not work since it does not even turn of for it. It stuck like attached file on sleep mode. The last book that I was reading before this happened
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1547400126471-1709886458.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	169050  
Advert
Old 01-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I imagine the Aura SE still has a LED near the power button? Does it react in any way?

Does the Aura SE still have a dedicated reset button (pinhole style), or had they already dropped those by the time this one came out?

How is your KSM setup? (Depending on its setup, it *may* be inhibiting the software "force factory reset" procedure).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #7
BuBTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I imagine the Aura SE still has a LED near the power button? Does it react in any way?

Does the Aura SE still have a dedicated reset button (pinhole style), or had they already dropped those by the time this one came out?

How is your KSM setup? (Depending on its setup, it *may* be inhibiting the software "force factory reset" procedure).
The backside is like this long press to button hard reset led is at front side. Ksm install was normal as all steps done and koreader was so smoothly working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1547403477776597971565.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	592.7 KB
ID:	169051  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Follow the steps to perform a manual factory reset: https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...aura-edition-2

If you see the led flashing but don't see changes in the screen -> the screen is broken
If you don't see the led flashing -> battery/charging circuit is broken
Otherwise you'll get a factory restored ereader.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #9
BuBTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Follow the steps to perform a manual factory reset: https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...aura-edition-2

If you see the led flashing but don't see changes in the screen -> the screen is broken
If you don't see the led flashing -> battery/charging circuit is broken
Otherwise you'll get a factory restored ereader.
I dont see the led flashing. Is there any way to save it that's what i'm asking