Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #121
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Driven by Eve Kenin (Eve Silver) is Free

Spoiler:
In the harsh Northern Waste where human life is worth little, ice trucker Raina Bowen has learned to keep her eyes open and her knife close at hand. She's spent her life on the run, one step ahead of the megalomaniac who hunts her. All she wants is to stay out of trouble and haul her load of grain to Gladow Station—but trouble finds her in the form of a sexy stranger called Wizard. He has the trucking pass she needs, and she has to drag him out of a brawl with the very people she's trying to hide from in order to get it.

She may have rescued him, but Raina's not foolish enough to see Wizard as anything close to helpless. He's hard and honed and full of secrets—secrets that may destroy them both. As they race across the Waste, trying to outrun rival truckers, ice pirates, and the powerful man bent on their destruction, Raina's forced to admit that trouble's found her. And this time, there's nowhere left to run.

Kobo

Amazon

FWIW, I first read this book back when it was published by Dorcherter's Shomi line. I reread this extended self-published version last year. One of my all-time favorites.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #122
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • One Summer (Celebrity Magazine #2) by Nora Roberts (C/2 stars)
  • Dual Image by Nora Roberts (C+/3 stars)
  • Rules of the Game by Nora Roberts (C-/2 stars)
  • Wreck of the Nebula Dream (Sectors #1) by Veronica Scott (A-/5 stars)
  • Too Friendly to Date (Bluff City #2) by Nicole Helm (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-22.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	154407  

Last edited by library addict; 01-29-2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: correction
Advert
Old 01-23-2017, 12:51 AM   #123
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Weekly report:
  • Purchased

Name:	Comprados.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	154419
  • Read

Name:	Leidos.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	154420
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #124
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Good news! Able to download Diablo Lake Protected today.

I never was able to download the other one from last fall although it's still in my ebook library.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:58 PM   #125
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Just saw that Mike Briggs, Patricia Briggs' husband, has died.

Quote:
Official Patricia Briggs

It is with a very heavy heart that I write of the passing of one of the finest men I have ever known. Mike Briggs passed away early this morning, very unexpectedly. We are all deeply in shock and grieving. Things on the web page and Facebook will likely be a bit neglected while we sort things out and make all the necessary arrangements. Please understand if we can't reply to messages or inquiries right away. If you would like to send Patty and her family a condolence card, our address is P.O. Box 5394, Benton City, WA, 99320. Mike was simply just an awesome and amazing man; we will miss him every day for the rest of our lives. The Purple Avenger will be doing his good works in heaven;I will strive to live up to the example and high standards that he set. -Ann
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
Advert
Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #126
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
R.I.P.

I've always liked reading his posts on her site & forum.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:13 AM   #127
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

The new Shalvis book (Accidentally on Purpose) still has "coming soon" on Harlequin's website, despite showing on sale date as Jan 24, 2017.

I was hoping since they had it on the site already it would be available to buy on release day. I will email customer service and check back later, but usually when this happens it is at least the first of the month before it changes (if not longer).
Old 01-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #128
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
The new Shalvis book (Accidentally on Purpose) still has "coming soon" on Harlequin's website, despite showing on sale date as Jan 24, 2017.

I was hoping since they had it on the site already it would be available to buy on release day. I will email customer service and check back later, but usually when this happens it is at least the first of the month before it changes (if not longer).
Were you able to get your copy yet? I was on hold at the library, and I was able to download it today.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #129
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Were you able to get your copy yet? I was on hold at the library, and I was able to download it today.
Yeah, I've got a copy from my library. But it's not for sale yet on Harlequin's site. I know I could have bought it at Kobo, but I want to use one of my coupon codes . So I'll have to wait to add it to my Calibre library, but at least I got to read it (I'm about halfway through right now).
Old 01-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #130
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free:

Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe

I read this and it was a fun read with likable characters and a good mix of sweetness, hotness, and angst. The hero is one of those dreamboat kinds of guys, sexy, smart, totally into the heroine, and not an alpha-hole.

Spoiler:
A secret duo of romance authors team up under the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling pseudonym Max Monroe to bring you a sexy, laugh-out-loud new series. Are you ready to meet the Billionaire Bad Boys?

Blind dates? Online dating profiles? Been there, done that.

Georgia Cummings has zero luck with dating, and the era of the internet is not her friend.
No matter how fast she runs, how many corners she turns, she can’t find her way out of this weird, alternate universe where men think d*ck pics are a replacement for small talk and getting to know a girl. One more crotch selfie and she might write men off for good…

But why can’t she stop fantasizing about him?

Kline Brooks is the quintessential billionaire bad boy—dark, styled, short hair, muscles for days, and a panty-dropping smile.
Except—he isn’t.

As his employee, he won’t touch her with a ten foot pole.
But she won’t touch him either.

Too bad their hormones missed the memo.

Disclaimer:
If you’re the type of woman who prefers crotch selfies to small talk, this book isn’t for you.

If you enjoy random men you’ve never met filling up your inbox with dirty words and p*rn—for reasons focused more towards diddling your donut than laughing at the absurdity—this book isn’t for you.

If you HATE laughing, this book isn’t for you.

If you want your male leads to grunt, thrust like jack rabbits, and have one-track minds that prefer a nice pair of t*ts to brains every hour of every day for the rest of forever, well, then, this book still isn’t for you.

But.

If you enjoy a good swoon, a hearty laugh, witty banter, and some hot as f*@% f*@%ing, then consider Georgia Cummings your Girl Friday and Kline Brooks your next irresistible book boyfriend.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:49 PM   #131
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Free:

Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe
Also free on Kobo
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #132
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

Dream Seeker - Anne Avery

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada

-Science Fiction Romance/Futuristic Romance
-Novella length
-Originally in Enchanted Crossings
published by Love Spell/Dorchester in 1994
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:33 AM   #133
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I redeemed points for a code this morning @ Harlequin. Got the points ok and selected an eBook. Everything went well until I reached the Payment Method page. I cannot complete the check-out, it keeps saying:

"Unfortunately, your online payment could not be processed at this time. Please contact your credit card company to resolve the issue."

I verified my cart said Total US $0.00 (FREE)
I have never had to put anything in the payment method for a free eBook. Is this something new? Or a glitch in the system? Is anyone else having this problem? Why on the weekend???
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #134
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
"Unfortunately, your online payment could not be processed at this time. Please contact your credit card company to resolve the issue."
I had the same error.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #135
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
I had the same error.
Me three