Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
footnotes?

I've downloaded the same epub formatted book from gutenberg on both my Sony and my Ipod (using Stanza). On my ipod, the footnote numbers show up as blue links: if I click on them, it takes me to illustrations. On My 950, the footnote numbers show up but they're just "there"--tapping on them has no effect.

This made me realize that before I bought my Sony I had heard people saying one thing they liked about it was the way footnotes were dealt with--but I've never been able to figure out how footnotes work with my Sony.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Footnotes (asterisks, numbers, etc.) appear highlighted in gray - a single tap brings one to the note, and tapping on the asterisk/number at the note itself brings the reader back to the text. My current book has been a bit wonky getting back, so I've had to go to OPTIONS --> History a couple of times for that.

I've encountered a couple of books with "dead" footnotes, but wasn't bothered as they were for citations only, not clarifications/explanations.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert