Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
M. Northstar
M. Northstar began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Phone
Composite Columns: Stripping HTML from a value

Hi. I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but if so, about an hour of reading the manual and searching the forums didn't find it.

I want to create a custom column that takes the value of the Title field, and my custom column Sub Title, and puts them together as Display Name.

I have gotten so far as this template:

Code:
{title}{#sub:|: |}
which does everything I want, except that the #sub field (which is a long text field) returns HTML-formatted text. How do I make it return just the plain text, as it does in the column itself?
M. Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The #sub field should have the sub-type "Short text, like a title". That subtype doesn't use html.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	173144  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
M. Northstar
M. Northstar began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Phone
That's done it. Thanks.

(A note, however: those posts that had already had a value in the #sub field, and therefore had HTML formatting, retained their HTML formatting. I had to go in and delete the HTML tags for hand. Fortunately, there were only a couple of posts with that information already filled in).
M. Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote