Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #46
firecatstef
firecatstef began at the beginning.

Device: ipad/iphone
I have also had this issue with some Kobo books, and I have also recently installed the excellent Obok plug-in. I'll probably be buying full-priced books from ebooks.com from now on, but Kobo participates in several book sales newsletters that I'm addicted to, so I'll continue to use them for sale books.
firecatstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:11 PM   #47
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Had a message from Kobo today informing me that the issue has been resolved for my books. It said that a new download link has been provided for them which should allow them to work with ADE.

Not sure if this means that the issue in general has been resolved or that it is just for my books... But since installing the Obok plugin, I'm not too worried either way. So long as I can open my books one way or the other and move them to my preferred reading device, I will be happy.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2019, 01:07 AM   #48
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Had a message from Kobo today informing me that the issue has been resolved for my books. It said that a new download link has been provided for them which should allow them to work with ADE.

Not sure if this means that the issue in general has been resolved or that it is just for my books... But since installing the Obok plugin, I'm not too worried either way. So long as I can open my books one way or the other and move them to my preferred reading device, I will be happy.
I think that it has been solved in general. I've gotten the same message and it works now. I agree with obok, but ADE is easier for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #49
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
fingers crossed i will try again next month see what happens
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:44 AM   #50
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

has anyone tried since they said they fixed it?
Advert
Old 08-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #51
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
I've just noticed the same thing. Funny thing is: yesterday everything went right for me, and now I suddenly have this problem with one particular book.

I see they've put a notice on their help pages about it. Which doesn't suggest they've found a fix yet...
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...ital-Editions-

Maybe it only happens with certain books?
Or is it the case that once it has happened to you with one book, from that moment on you're no longer able to download any book from Kobo anymore?

Note that another ebookstore had this to say about the same problem 6 months ago:
https://support.ebooks.com/hc/en-gb/...DEPT-NOT-READY

Last edited by franklekens; 08-27-2019 at 09:15 AM.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #52
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
I've tried a batch of books that had issues (a couple of my purchases and freebies that were mentioned as having issues) and no problems with the downloads. OTOH, there is a notice on Kobo's website that mentions the issue and has not yet been updated so it may not be fixed for all DRMed epubs on Kobo's servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Maybe it only happens with certain books?
Or is it the case that once it has happened to you with one book, from that moment on you're no longer able to download any book from Kobo anymore?

Note that another ebookstore had this to say about the same problem 6 months ago:
https://support.ebooks.com/hc/en-gb/...DEPT-NOT-READY
I noticed the problem with certain books while others downloaded without issue so no need to worry that you would not be able to download any other books after one book failed. Still annoying though.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-25-2019 at 02:02 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:50 AM   #53
bookaho!ic
Evangelist

not gonna buy anything from them till they fix it
Old 08-28-2019, 12:05 AM   #54
firecatstef
firecatstef began at the beginning.

Device: ipad/iphone
Quote:
I tried one of the ones I had a problem with (three altogether) and it worked. I didn't bother trying the rest.
firecatstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:59 AM   #55
bookaho!ic
Evangelist

just bought the runaway by hollie overton - same error i give up with kobo
Old 09-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #56
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
just bought the runaway by hollie overton - same error i give up with kobo
Same here for To Be Taught If Fortunate by Becky Chambers. D'oh!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #57
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Same here for To Be Taught If Fortunate by Becky Chambers. D'oh!
The publisher just announced that went on sale today the third of September. It’s possible that’s the issue you had trying to download it yesterday
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #58
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
The publisher just announced that went on sale today the third of September. It’s possible that’s the issue you had trying to download it yesterday
The hardcover has been released today but the ebook has been available since August 8.

However, I gave up, so I went the Obok way - much much easier to deal with!

Last edited by Squirsier; 09-03-2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Wrong date
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:46 PM   #59
bookaho!ic
Evangelist

Has this been fixed yet
Old 09-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Has this been fixed yet
I would guess yes since there have been no new problems posted about in a good while.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote