Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #511
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Question about scrubbing the tags-like columns, is it possible to create rules for specific columns instead of one set of rules for all columns? I have some columns that I want to have rules for that don't apply to others.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #512
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Upload a special .csv for those.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2019, 06:29 PM   #513
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Upload a special .csv for those.
Do you mean that for each instance I want to use special rules, I upload it's specific rules .csv? Or do I upload multiple .csv files with the various columns and their rules to choose from when I use the plugin?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #514
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

#1. Also see the sub-menu tooltips thst describe the .csv import/export function.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #515
LAPIII
LAPIII began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I just download Calibre and Job Spy. There must be a glitch with a new version of Calibre because:

I'm using Calibre 64-bit on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Last edited by LAPIII; 07-27-2019 at 09:32 PM.
LAPIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2019, 09:37 PM   #516
DaltonST
Deviser

Use your mouse to resize the window to your personal screen size and preference.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:06 AM   #517
LAPIII
LAPIII began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Thanks DaltonST.

Last edited by LAPIII; 08-01-2019 at 12:29 PM.
LAPIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:03 AM   #518
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

2 years ago, you very kindly provided a shortcut for copying/moving to different libraries. I was wondering if you could provide something that works for creating new library or switching to a different library? Thanks so much in advance.

Quote:
Version 1.0.75 -2017-08-08 New GUI Tool: "Copy-to-Library Shortcut" that invokes the "Choose library..." full dialog directly. See the attached image.

The Minimum Version of Calibre for JS+ has been increased from 2.49 to 3.6 for several reasons.

DaltonST
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #519
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi DaltonST,
Sorry if this is a stupid question -and I really tried to figure this out, including searching the whole thread- but what is the "Extract Original Title/Translator" supposed to do?
At first I thought it's meant to extract additional data fields during (or using) the existing metadata lookup functionality (such as amazon metadata plugin - which doesn't extract translator even if this is listed on amazon's website) - but apparently I was wrong.
I've run it on some commercially-available, legally-bought epubs and nothing changes. I can see the "job done" in the logs, the custom columns are defined and "working" (translator is the one I'm mostly interested in), the books are in epub format, the column name is the same as in the plugin settings, I can see and edit it in the metadata window and still no go.
Then I thought maybe "Extract Original Title/Translator" is supposed to extract the info straight from the existing epub's metadata but this would be useless (if custom metadata exists in the book and there are matching fields in calibre, they would be listed, right?) - plus, none of my bought epubs have these fields (even if visiting the publisher's site or some national book database, this info is available).
So... how do I use this? (I read post #24 in this thread but I found no clear explanation).

And talking about this, can someone give me a tip about automatically populating translator(s) and original title fields from translated books? Thanks!
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #520
DaltonST
Deviser

Read the ToolTips for that tool by hovering your mouse over the various areas in Customizing. They explain what it does and what it uses.

JobSpy's documentation is based on the ToolTips for all windows and widgets, including its menus and submenus.

DaltonST
Old 08-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #521
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Read the ToolTips for that tool by hovering your mouse over the various areas in Customizing. They explain what it does and what it uses.

JobSpy's documentation is based on the ToolTips for all windows and widgets, including its menus and submenus.

DaltonST
Thanks! Got it to work. In case others are interested:
- type of column matters: according to the tooltip: a long text column (comment-type) is needed both for translator and original title - I had the translator column as comma-separated text with name checkbox checked (following an advice from other thread) and I think that's why it didn't work
- the info is extracted from inside the epub files
- order of lookup text matters e.g. earlier elements should not be shorthand versions of latter, otherwise the search will stop too early and the rest of the text will be included in the title

Edit:
One more thing I just noticed: if the text (such as "translated by") and the name of the translator are on two lines in two different paragraphs (<p> blocks) the plugin won't recognise the translator name. With a <br/> instead, it works - i tested it just for the sake of it. Unfortunatelly, about 50% of my books have the translator just below the title, on two lines (each one with P and css class) - for example:
<h4>Author Name<h4>
<h3>Title<h3>
<p class="translator">translated by</p>
<p class="translator">Translator Name</p>

In such cases, apparently it doesn't work. If i combine the two paragraph on one line or single p block, and I break it with <br/>, it works

Last edited by rebl; 08-03-2019 at 07:14 PM.
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #522
Rellwood

Hi DaltonST,

Quick question about the search utiltiy renaming the VL according to their attributes.

I have tried to do this, and it won't work on the VL, but only on the restrictions.

I edited out my many, many VL's but I still am not getting any changes. I see what Job Spy wants to change them to, I hit save, but nothing happens. Hitting save doesn't close out the dialog and the VL isn't changed.

Am I doing something wrong? Also, this has been going on forever. My restriction list looks great, but my VL list isn't doing so hot.

I noticed that many of my VL's are very long.

One example:

to mfw ---->> ((((search:" not tags:=Mfw") and (formats:true and not #book_style:"=Catalog" and not #book_style:"=Placeholder for Maybe" and not #book_style:"=Placeholder for Pre-Ordered" and not #book_style:"=Placeholder for Waiting for it" and not #book_style:"=Placeholder for Want to Read" and not #book_style:"=Placeholder not in library" and not #calibrelibrary:"=Bookmark" and not #calibrelibrary:"=Maybe" and not #calibrelibrary:"=Merged" and not #calibrelibrary:"=Re-reads" and not #calibrelibrary:"=Read"))) and (search:" not tags:=Mfw"))

Last edited by Rellwood; 08-21-2019 at 04:41 PM. Reason: additonal info
Old 08-21-2019, 07:49 PM   #523
DaltonST
Deviser

Rename? It does not do that. It says 'sort'. It is a listing.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #524
Rellwood

Quote:
Rename? It does not do that. It says 'sort'. It is a listing.
Oh, I thought it would rename the VL's. My bad.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:19 PM   #525
Rellwood

Would be nice to be able to save different gui color combination schemes to select between instead of having to remember each one and go through the hassle of resetting them each time.

I have a color scheme for default
I have a color scheme for night time (dark slate grey and grey with ghost)
I would like to create schemes for fun.

Any chance of that happening in the future?

Also, is there anyway of adding the option to have a date removed if it should ever be present in the library in any or selected date fields? I am always coming across 01 Jan 0101 whenever I import a .csv with dates and the date field is left blank for some books.

I hate having to hunt around all the different columns for every instance this occurs. It also sets off icons based on those columns being set. And yes, I know that JS has an import .csv feature, but I would prefer to use the list importer.

Thanks, and great work with the plugin - I love using it!

I forgot... any way you can omit book details from the gui color changes or allow the option to omit it? Or allow it to be configured separately? Calibre book details always uses black and blue font (text and links) so having a dark background makes it hard to see, but I want to keep the scheme for the tag browser.

Last edited by Rellwood; 08-22-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: additional suggestions

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools