Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
maf654321
maf654321 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Calibre books loaded to Kobo Forma not showing up in Calibre

I've recently got a Kobo Forma 32gb and started by installing KSM on the Kobo and KoboTouchExtended/KoboUtilities on Calibre (all up to date, on OSX), respectively. All seemed to be working, but when I try loading a book to the Kobo Forma, after disconnecting to load the book into the Kobo database and reconnecting, the book does not show up in Calibre as being present. I checked using the Kobo Desktop to load a few free books and those did immediately show up in Calibre. I've seen somewhat similar situations looking around past threads but no applicable solutions. Help?
maf654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The most common reason for this to happen is that the book has two authors. It's to do with the way the author is stored in the metadata of the book. Kobo only reads the first one. The book should be shown in the device list. You can manually match the book. This was discussed here yesterday.

And the workaround to put the authors in the metadata in a way that Kobo will read was discussed here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:44 AM   #3
maf654321
maf654321 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Eventually figured it out by, after having loaded both books from Calibre and the Kobo store, deleting the book .sqlite database and so the Kobo rebuilt it with both. The database in now functional and isn't corrupting anymore, and the books are matched and can get updated metadata with KoboUtilities. Of note is that I do still get a errors in Calibre if it is the 2nd (or more) time mounting my Kobo in the same Nickel session (i.e. haven't quit Nickel/shut down between mounts).
maf654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:02 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf654321 View Post
Eventually figured it out by, after having loaded both books from Calibre and the Kobo store, deleting the book .sqlite database and so the Kobo rebuilt it with both. The database in now functional and isn't corrupting anymore, and the books are matched and can get updated metadata with KoboUtilities.
Are you saying that you were getting errors somewhere?
Quote:
Of note is that I do still get a errors in Calibre if it is the 2nd (or more) time mounting my Kobo in the same Nickel session (i.e. haven't quit Nickel/shut down between mounts).
That isn't normal. About the only time I'm likely to shutdown nickel is with a firmware update. And, when testing various things, can connect dozens of times in a day with no errors. What error are you getting?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I suspect that's the "FAT32 dirty bit is set" warning we've discussed a few times since the Forma came out .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, forma, kepub, kobo, kobotouchextended