Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-27-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
stephencorrant
stephencorrant began at the beginning.

Device: windows
Question about file names with "Fetch news"

Hello! I am wondering whether it is possible to customize the names of the epub files downloaded through the "Fetch news" functionality.

For instance, I would like a file named "The Guardian and The Observer [2019-05-26, Sun]" rather than "The Guardian and The Observer [Sun, 26 May 2019]", as it would enable me to sort the files in chronological order.

Thank you very much.
stephencorrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can customize the recipe and set timefmt in it to control formatting of th eadded date portion. However, whya re you doing this, you can sort independently via the date field in calibre directly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
the first WILL sort dates properly by file name since year is first, month second and day (Day of the week is really just noise at this point)

Are you trying group by DAY of the week?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
stephencorrant

Thanks to both of you for answering my question. I would like to know more about "customize the recipe and set timefmt" as mentioned by kovidgoyal (by the way, thank you for this great software). How exactly can I customize these settings?

I want to do this because I want to sort the files in chronological order in my Kindle app on my phone.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
stephencorrant

To clear things up, I would like my files to be named "The Washington Post [2019-06-11, Tue]", for example.