Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-27-2019, 05:32 PM   #271
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
When you read any book on a Kindle, KFX or not, some of the files in the associated .sdr folder are updated with your progress. This is not an area I have looked into very closely so I can't tell you exactly which files.

Any files in an "assets" subfolder of the .sdr folder are not updated as you read, since those are part of the book content.
Thanks! I will try to investigate... :-)

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:11 AM   #272
dmshal
dmshal began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Pro, PocketBook InkPad 3
Thank you so much for your magnificent work!

There is one small issue. I tried to convert one book from kindle and got an error:

Code:
calibre, version 3.45.2
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: 
Cannot convert The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)
KeyError(u'YJFragmentList get has multiple matches for resource/9bL8CjDiTligvU9RQVBkyw8:: $417::: 
resource/9bL8CjDiTligvU9RQVBkyw8:: $417::, 
resource/9bL8CjDiTligvU9RQVBkyw8:: $417::',)
It seems that all 3 matches are the same: resource $417

I just commented the lines #322 and #323 in the yj_container.py to convert that book:
Code:
# if len(matches) > 1 and not first
#    raise KeyError("YJFragmentList get has multiple matches for %s: %s" % .
Maybe it makes sense to automatically correct errors of this kind (when all matches coincide or only one match has the correct resource)
dmshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #273
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmshal View Post
It seems that all 3 matches are the same: resource $417
Maybe it makes sense to automatically correct errors of this kind (when all matches coincide or only one match has the correct resource)
Thanks for the error report. This is the first instantance I have seen of a book being malformed in a way that caused it to contain multiple resources with the same name.

If the resources are not identical then there is a serious problem with the book's content and I plan to leave the error check in place for that condition. Given that this problem appears to be extremely rare I doubt it will cause much hardship. In that case it would probably be best to just obtain the book in a different format anyway.

I may change the plugin to handle the case of identical resources with the same name, since eliminating the excess ones can be done without any loss of information.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:23 AM   #274
dmshal

Quote:
I may change the plugin to handle the case of identical resources with the same name, since eliminating the excess ones can be done without any loss of information.
That would be great. I can send you a deDRM version of this book for testing
Old 08-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #275
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can send you a deDRM version of this book for testing
Thanks for the offer, but I prefer to avoid obtaining works under copyright from others, even for testing purposes.
Advert
Old 08-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #276
dmshal

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, but I prefer to avoid obtaining works under copyright from others, even for testing purposes.
OK! If you update the script, I can check it on this book.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #277
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.18.0 - 20 Aug 2019

Replace "--epubversion" command line option with "--epub2". The default has been changed to produce EPUB version 3.

Prevent failure to convert books that contain duplicated resources. (Fixes "KeyError(u'YJFragmentList get has multiple matches for resource...")

Prevent failure to convert some books with vertical-align in table cells (Fixes "Conflicting div -kfx-vertical-align and vertical-align in same style")

Support additional KFX features. (Fixes "Unknown com.amazon.yjconversion feature: yj_audio-2")

Internal restructuring.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #278
dmshal

Quote:
Version 1.18.0 - 20 Aug 2019
Prevent failure to convert books that contain duplicated resources. (Fixes "KeyError(u'YJFragmentList get has multiple matches for resource...")
Thank you so much! Now it converts the mentioned book without any problems.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:17 PM   #279
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you so much! Now it converts the mentioned book without any problems.
I'm glad it worked.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #280
bobb40
Enthusiast
bobb40 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobb40 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobb40 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle4, KoboGlo
KFX DRM removal still not possible?

Your thread 291290 (dated Oct 2017) says "DRM removal for KFX format only works with ... e-ink Kindle devices with firmware versions ... through 5.10.1.3." Is that still true?

My Kindle PaperWhite has firmware version "Kindle 5.12.1". Is there a way to get rid of DRM in its ebooks? If not, is the stopper in the KFX format, or in the DRM?

Thanks
bobb40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #281
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb40 View Post
Your thread 291290 (dated Oct 2017) says "DRM removal for KFX format only works with ... e-ink Kindle devices with firmware versions ... through 5.10.1.3." Is that still true?

My Kindle PaperWhite has firmware version "Kindle 5.12.1". Is there a way to get rid of DRM in its ebooks? If not, is the stopper in the KFX format, or in the DRM?

Thanks
Yes, that information is correct. You will not be able to do anything with the KFX files on your device that were added using firmware version 5.10.2 or newer due to new DRM.

You do have other options. See methods 1-3 in this post for alternatives.

Added: There may have been other changes made to the KFX format by Amazon in addition to the new DRM. If a work around is ever found for the DRM problem then I intend to update this plugin to handle any other KFX changes once I figure them out.

Last edited by jhowell; 08-22-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #282
ayyatusabe
ayyatusabe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for mac
[snip quotation]

Forgive me if this was already answered... I recently bought a book thru amazon, it requires 1.26 for kindle mac in order to download. I tried converting it and get the DRM error... Is there any way to unlock? The file read azw but when I open it in Calibre it reads Kfx

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-31-2019 at 05:16 AM.
ayyatusabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:18 AM   #283
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyatusabe View Post
[snip quotation]

Forgive me if this was already answered... I recently bought a book thru amazon, it requires 1.26 for kindle mac in order to download. I tried converting it and get the DRM error... Is there any way to unlock? The file read azw but when I open it in Calibre it reads Kfx
If it requires 1.26, it's probably only available as KFX. I'm not sure there is anyway to remove the DRM from such a file.

But details help with drm removal isn't allowed at MobileRead. Try Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's github account.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:14 AM   #284
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyatusabe View Post
Forgive me if this was already answered... I recently bought a book thru amazon, it requires 1.26 for kindle mac in order to download.
I have seen that restriction applied to textbooks. More details in this thread: New eTextbooks limited to newest version of Kindle for PC/Mac. I don't believe that there is any working solution for DRM of those books.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #285
hqle26
hqle26 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
I have seen that restriction applied to textbooks. More details in this thread: New eTextbooks limited to newest version of Kindle for PC/Mac. I don't believe that there is any working solution for DRM of those books.
I have the same issue, the book can only be downloaded on Kindle 1.26 version, but cannot be DeDRMed on calibre. Any working solution yet?
hqle26 is offline   Reply With Quote