Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #16
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
Since my 3M Cloud Reader desktop app for Windows recently updated to PC version 2.1.17 I can no longer download books from any of my 3 library Overdrive accounts (Says "Check Activation!") . I also can I no longer open/return OD books from ADE & get an activation error.
I did not have this issue on the update, but I had it before.

The only solution I found was to "Erase Authorization" in ADE, then re-authorize.

After that, I went to all the websites that I download ebooks from (Overdrive, Axis360, Freading, and OneClickDigital) and downloaded a book. Then, finally, I opened the CloudLibrary app and tied it to my Adobe ID. CloudLibrary has to be last. And, if you re-do CloudLibrary auth (like the install did), then that makes it "first" on the list, before your websites, and you get the error you saw.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
I did not have this issue on the update, but I had it before.

The only solution I found was to "Erase Authorization" in ADE, then re-authorize.

After that, I went to all the websites that I download ebooks from (Overdrive, Axis360, Freading, and OneClickDigital) and downloaded a book. Then, finally, I opened the CloudLibrary app and tied it to my Adobe ID. CloudLibrary has to be last. And, if you re-do CloudLibrary auth (like the install did), then that makes it "first" on the list, before your websites, and you get the error you saw.
Thank you for sharing this info. I think this explain why I have the problem in a computer and not in the other.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #18
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
I had a similar problem with an earlier version of this app. (the "buggy" one that would download multiples of the same book). If was working OK & all of a sudden it seemed to revert to the 3M generic ID out of the blue & caused a conflict with OD.

I was able to fix that by deleting the Cloud folder which was essentially a cache for the app's ADE info. That removed the OD conflict & I did not have to reactivate ADE. I then downloaded books from all my libraries. Last I opened 3M & put in my ADE info again. This fix no longer works as 3M has changed the install path. The Cloud folder is still there but it is empty. At this point I am afraid to try installing 3M Cloud again. I feel sorry for the people whose libraries have dropped Overdrive & gone for 3M as it is cheaper. It is a buggy program with no real tech support.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #19
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Here is the email for Cloud Support. cloudsupport@bibliotheca.com

I did get a response from them. They wanted a screen shot of the error message I was getting. I told them the only error messages I was getting were in Over Drive & ADE due to the conflict & they said "Check Activation!" It was suggested maybe I had too many ADE activations & I was sent a "Request Activation Reset" forms. At least it was something but really did not address the problem.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:13 AM   #20
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Just curious (or I missed it), but it looks like cloudLibrary is no longer associated with the company 3m. It looks like cloudLibrary is from the company bibliotheca?

http://www.bibliotheca.com/3/index.p...ess/who-we-are
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Just curious (or I missed it), but it looks like cloudLibrary is no longer associated with the company 3m. It looks like cloudLibrary is from the company bibliotheca?

http://www.bibliotheca.com/3/index.p...ess/who-we-are
Yes, 3M sold CloudLibrary in October of 2015...
http://www.startribune.com/3m-sells-...ity/330903931/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
Thanks so much for pointing me to that file path. I got no help from the library staff. They kept telling me I had to read the ebooks on my computer or phone throgh the CloudLibrary app. I called the branch manager back today and explained to him where the books are stored so people could tranfer the books to their ereaders. He was very happy to get this info because he had gotten several other inquiries.

Last edited by tracyeo; 03-02-2017 at 04:50 PM.
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #23
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Is anyone else on Windows having the re-authorization issue? I got the "update will be install with next restart" message and I'm afraid to open it back up! I don't want to have to muck around with my current ADE setup (or have to redownload all my DRM'd books because of a new authorization).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #24
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Cloud Library updated for me a couple of days ago. I just reopened it again and am having no issues at all. No messages about Adobe IDs or registration or authorizing anything.

I'm on a Windows 10 machine.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #25
seacity1
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Cloud Library updated for me a couple of days ago. I just reopened it again and am having no issues at all. No messages about Adobe IDs or registration or authorizing anything.

I'm on a Windows 10 machine.
Have you tried opening/returning an Overdrive book from ADE or tried downloading a book from your library account? When I first updated I did not realize I had a problem as Cloud was working fine. The conflict only became apparent when I tried to use to other apps that relied on ADE. If you are only using Cloud you should not have any conflicts.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #26
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I do have Overdrive installed on my machine but I don't use it. My library uses Cloud Library only and I don't have any other library accounts.

I did have a book checked out in Cloud during the update and was able to return it a couple of days ago with no issue.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:48 PM   #27
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've been using ADE 2 with the new cloud library without problems. I use multiple libraries.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #28
seacity1
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I do have Overdrive installed on my machine but I don't use it. My library uses Cloud Library only and I don't have any other library accounts.

I did have a book checked out in Cloud during the update and was able to return it a couple of days ago with no issue.
You are not having a problem as Cloud is the only app that is using ADE so there is nothing for it to conflict with.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #29
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Oh no! I have the same issue. I've used Overdrive for many years, and I installed Cloud Library when they added that service. So I've tried ADE, and it now has the activation error message when I tried to download a book from the library. I cannot open books that are already in ADE (message: error on the activation server). Has anyone solved this?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #30
thomkat27
Digital Librarian
thomkat27 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS, Nook GlowLight+, PC, Kindle Fire
if you need to deauthorize the cloud you just log out of the app, that should erase it
thomkat27 is offline   Reply With Quote