Old 07-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #511
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahalya View Post
Hello,

Can anyone please let me know where I can find the old firmware for Mimas? This new firmware has no proper export options. I want to revert back to the old software where I could export handwritten notes as PDFs

Thanks.
next new version will back to PDF format... the reason is because many chinese user like to have second edit for export annotation, that's why boyue make it as HTML format
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:49 PM   #512
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
So I got the Mimas and like it but noticed so many questions always being re-asked about it and also could not find any pics of it next to other Boyue devices for size comparison (a picture is worth a thousand words right?) and other aspects like the screen. So I took some and will explain my thoughts so far.

Note: Other then using the pen once to make sure my screen worked correctly I have not put on the glossy screen protector and have ordered a supposedly matte one so will chime in on that at a later date.

1. The weight is not to heavy in the hand and I think distributed well.

2. Battery seems about on par with the Mars so far in standby and slightly less then it in use (I keep WIFI and BT off if i'm not getting books/docs).

3. The screen is hard to tell in the pictures but it is slightly grayer then the Mars and T80S.

4. The backlight is basically the same temp as the Mars on each color but the Mars can get much brighter so gets a much fuller overlay. This I thought at first was going to be an issue but I got used to it and never use the full backlight of the Mars anyways as I keep it mixed.

5. Both of my devices (Mars, Mimas) came with a bad pixel in a random spot and it's not worth returning over but still sucks. You can only really tell on an inverted screen (black background) and it does not impede use.

6. The physical buttons feel pretty mushy instead of clicky (personal preference I guess)

7. I'm glad my device came in one piece since the box was banged a little bit.

8. Bouye really needs to host all the FW for this device and other Boyue devices so advanced users even with the stipulation you void your warranty can recover their devices in the case of an issue. Using RKtool is not that hard if you have done any other flashing for other devices before IMO. This is also important if it is the only way we get Android 8 in the future if it will run well on the Mars/Mimas.

Malcolm
you are boyue big fans, the new reader from boyue like alita from appearance is much better than mimas then..
Old 07-10-2019, 07:18 AM   #513
Ahalya
Ahalya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA One
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
next new version will back to PDF format... the reason is because many chinese user like to have second edit for export annotation, that's why boyue make it as HTML format
Ok. Thank you.
Hopefully the export function includes options for both select pages and the whole book. (These features were present and working in the penultimate update.)
Ahalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:49 PM   #514
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Exclamation Slow?

After june update i noticed that book got memory issues or something like that.
I'm using mimas with 128 gb card. Curerntly allocated ~70-80 gigs with books and magazines. Also have few notes and some of them have 10+ pages. So when i press 'Home' or navigate between Notes and Library reader just hangs for a few seconds and Airbook app dies then beeing reloaded.
With March update this wasn't an issue. Book just worked slower in file explorer and that's that

Crash traceback
=========================
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 10513164 byte allocation with 2478856 free bytes and 2MB until OOM
at dalvik.system.VMRuntime.newNonMovableArray(Native Method)
at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.nativeDecodeByteArr ay(Native Method)
at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray(Bit mapFactory.java:522)
at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray(Bit mapFactory.java:545)
at com.by.hw.drawcomponent.IByNote$BitmapDrawItem.get Bitmap(Unknown Source)
at com.by.hw.util.NoteUtil.basciDrawOfNote(Unknown Source)
at com.by.hw.util.NoteUtil.basciDrawOfNote(Unknown Source)
at com.by.hw.util.NoteUtil.drawTransactionForStoring( Unknown Source)
at com.by.hw.util.NoteUtil.convertNoteFileToPng(Unkno wn Source)
at com.boyue.app.byreader.byhw.newbyhw.control.NotePa geControl$1$2.run(NotePageControl.java:490)
at com.boyue.app.byreader.byhw.newbyhw.control.second ary.ThreadControl$1.run(ThreadControl.java:38)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
=========================
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #515
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahalya View Post
Ok. Thank you.
Hopefully the export function includes options for both select pages and the whole book. (These features were present and working in the penultimate update.)
they will do like that..
Old 07-12-2019, 03:34 AM   #516
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
After june update i noticed that book got memory issues or something like that. ...
Looks like a thumbnail creation bug to me... Maybe they increased the Framebuffer for thumbnails for them to be sharper and they didn't test it with many complex thumbnails...

You may try something for a temporary fix:
In the books section in the top left corner is a symbol, which changes the thumbnail display mode. Try out the different modes. Maybe there is one where the Framebuffer is smaller or even use a list mode for no thumbnail creation.

Last edited by Siggy1000; 07-12-2019 at 03:54 AM.
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:39 AM   #517
Siggy1000
Enthusiast

Quote:
they will do like that..
Hey likebookstore, do you have connections to the Boyue software developers? Because then I could report future bugs over here instead of waiting for ever on Twitter and being limited to 200characters
Old 07-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #518
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy1000 View Post
Hey likebookstore, do you have connections to the Boyue software developers? Because then I could report future bugs over here instead of waiting for ever on Twitter and being limited to 200characters
you can emaill it to likebook@boyue.com..
Old 07-12-2019, 08:12 AM   #519
Siggy1000
Enthusiast

Quote:
you can emaill it to likebook@boyue.com..
Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #520
Ama86
Ama86 began at the beginning.

Exclamation PDF highlight issue in Mimas

I am totally in love with the device. But one thing irks me. The Boyue OS PDF reader highlight function is terrible when it comes to selecting a single word for dictionary search. It works pretty fine with epubs but with PDFs a whole sentence get selected and reducing it to a single word is a nightmare. By the time I somehow get a single word selected the dictionary lookup function can not be seen anymore.

Any ideas how to get around this problem?
Ama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #521
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama86 View Post
I am totally in love with the device. But one thing irks me. The Boyue OS PDF reader highlight function is terrible when it comes to selecting a single word for dictionary search. It works pretty fine with epubs but with PDFs a whole sentence get selected and reducing it to a single word is a nightmare. By the time I somehow get a single word selected the dictionary lookup function can not be seen anymore.

Any ideas how to get around this problem?
please email to boyue team likebook@boyue.com. i also hope that problem will be fix in next version...
Old 07-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #522
Ama86
Ama86 began at the beginning.

Quote:
please email to boyue team likebook@boyue.com. i also hope that problem will be fix in next version...
Thanks for the reply.
I sent an email to Boyue. Will wait and see for a positive outcome in the next update.
Ama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #523
Siggy1000
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
After june update i noticed that book got memory issues or something like that.
And restart your device from time to time. The crashes leave memory, that can't be unallocated anymore. I just had 950M of RAM left and restarted my device. Now it's back at 1.4GB.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #524
geordie2019
geordie2019 began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas likebook 10.3
The "Warranty" Is Illusory
Likebook has posted on Amazon, in response to a question, that there is a one year warranty. However, when I emailed them - several times-- requesting an RMA for defective screen, they simply refuse to answer
geordie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #525
geordie2019
geordie2019 began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas likebook 10.3

Defective Screen
https://ibb.co/VqnKz9m
geordie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote