Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Kindle Voyage & Collections

I have MS which among other things has created problems with my eyes. I use a Kindle Voyage, which is great for reading, as the font adjusts right up. The nightmare is the book list view, you can not adjust the font. I load everything via Calibre so I can edit the titles to place the book order first ie 01 the black - grey. I then create collections and place them in there. It is so hard for me creating the collections and adding the books because of the tiny font. Would it be possible to create the collection in calibre then load it to my kindle voyage? or even create the collection on my kindle voyage via calibre? Oh, I load via calibre on my windows 10 laptop which has a large font setting so I can see everything.

So long ramble over, can I do collections using calibre or a plugin?

Please move if I placed in the wrong forum, I could not work out if it was library/kindle/plugin

applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I don't know anything about the Voyage but with the Oasis in the settings there's a section Device Options and in that is Display Size which when set to large does turn up the font size in the book list. It's not huge but maybe it would help if the Voyage has that option.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:08 AM   #3
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
I don't know anything about the Voyage but with the Oasis in the settings there's a section Device Options and in that is Display Size which when set to large does turn up the font size in the book list. It's not huge but maybe it would help if the Voyage has that option.
Thank you, no option for that with a Voyage. I had planned to change to a Kobo Auro earlier this year, because of that feature, but finances got in the way of that one.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I don't think there is anyway to control collections outside of the kindle. I mean, you can create them online at amazon, but that won't help you with moving books into them.

the Kindle collection plugin only works up to the K4nt, which is rather old by this point.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
If your goal is to more easily locate and identify books that are part of a series maybe Calibre's Create Catalog function would help. It creates an ebook, which you'd upload to your kindle and could then peruse. The Create Catalog thing has various different ways you can group the books in what it makes, by tags and by series, for example.

The Create Catalog is hidden under the Convert Books button; right click on that and it's at the bottom of the menu that pops up.

I have 3 different presets for it, by title, by author, and by series. I put square brackets around the book's title (the one it creates) so that it sorts to the top of the library list.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote