Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 08:45 AM   #46
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I could either set the foreground and background colour independent of theme, or use a text decoration like an underline. Would an underline be better than a vibrant red colour? I find underlines are harder to detect than a foreground colour like red.
YES
Some people (I think this is a Male only thing) are Red or Green color blind.

A simple contrast or in the case (brilliant choice by you) of underline takes little extra screen space , while conveying a message: that it has been set (or unset).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer;3863163}
Especially when those indicators won't give you the level of detail you'd actually need to make any changes. Look at the OPF or the NAV if you need a quick, detailed overview of which files have which semantics assigned to them, and use the new visual indication in the semantics dialog to make sure you're not toggling off something you meant to turn on.
Exactly. All I need to know is SOMETHING was flagged.
BR took it further than my original wish: Which was the semantic dialog having the contrast to indicate THAT item had been set. Knowing at a glance, which files are flagged is a bonus
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #48
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
To be clear, what we have now implemented in master for the upcoming release is no change in BookBrowser at all (i.e. tooltips will tell you if any specific semantics are set, as will Reports, as will content.opf guide, as will the nav landmarks). We have chosen ... after a bit of pushing ... to add a checkmark after the currently selected semantic in the Add Semantics dialog.

That has been pushed to master and appears to work just fine.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #49
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Because of disability I have difficulties with hovering the mouse over each Book Browser item. So I'll continue to press Ctrl+Shift+R and click on All Files if its not already selected - I'm not sure of that's a default shortcut or one I assigned - then I can see which files have a semantic tag set, and the value that's been set.

@KevinH - Apart from editing the opf/nav file is there any way Remove a semantic tag.

And am I misremembering? I would have sworn that the Book Browser tree used not to be navigable with the keyboard -- because of a limitation of Qt. But I now find I can traverse the tree with ↑ and ↓, and collapse/expand branches with - and +

If this behaviour is a feature of the latest Qt, I'm hoping calibre's Tag Browser tree will acquire the same behaviour when it migrates to a later Qt. I find its lack of keyboard navigability particularly irksome.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #50
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@KevinH - Apart from editing the opf/nav file is there any way Remove a semantic tag.
BR
Unless I broke something, the typical way to remove a semantic tag is set it again (just like a long time ago when it was a checked menu list). This is what I referred to as a toggle.

That is why people wanted the current semantic set by a checkmark in that dialog to prevent inadvertently unsetting it. Also in epub2 we have a limit of one guide semantic per file since splitting out the index, from the toc, from various front matter pieces into their own files is more appropriate from a navigation framework.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #51
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Unless I broke something, the typical way to remove a semantic tag is set it again (just like a long time ago when it was a checked menu list). This is what I referred to as a toggle.
But how do I toggle it to nothing (empty/null/undefined) - I don't recall seeing anything in the EPUB2 list.

BR
Old 07-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #52
KevinH
Sigil Developer

If it was "text", simply select "text" again to make it toggle "text" off.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:27 PM   #53
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Just like when it was a menu item list with a check, you select that same entry on the menu list again to make the check mark go away.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:20 AM   #54
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I'll won't comment further until you ship the new version.

BR