Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
nav.xhtml and search & replace

Is there a way to have Sigil skip the nav.xhtml when I have the mode set to All HTML Files? Sometimes I mangle that file. Or, when I do, is it safe to delete it and it will get regenerated when I next generate the TOC?
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
... is it safe to delete it and it will get regenerated when I next generate the TOC?
Oops, got my hands slapped for trying to do that. But I can delete everything between the open and close nav elements.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Is there a way to have Sigil skip the nav.xhtml when I have the mode set to All HTML Files? Sometimes I mangle that file.
Not when using the All HTML Files mode, no. But it's fairly easy to quickly highlight all the HTML files in Book Browser and then unselect the NAV and use the "Selected HTML files" mode instead.

Quote:
Or, when I do, is it safe to delete it and it will get regenerated when I next generate the TOC?
Try it and and see.
As long as you don't save the epub, no harm has been done.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Oops, got my hands slapped for trying to do that. But I can delete everything between the open and close nav elements.
Close, but not quite. You can't delete the nav document (it's required just like the NCX is in EPUB2). And you can't delete ALL xhtml files.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote