Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 05:34 AM   #1
csabeeface
csabeeface began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 6
Exclamation PocketBook Basic 2 can't upload, software update, factory reset

Hi all,

I have a problem with a PocketBook Basic 2. The software version is: W614.4.4.1289

If i connect to a PC and i want to delete from it, it seems the data is deleted, but after restart the books is on the device.

I tried to erase the internal memory (from the software), after restart it is the same as before.

I try to factory reset, i should have to set the time and date, but nothing happens after it. The same books and everything is on the device.

I connect to internet and tried to download the new software version, the download is starting but after finishing, it said is corrupted.
I also download from internet, and copy from the pc to the pocketbook, but after restart the files is not on the device.

Anyone has any idea what can i do with it?
csabeeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
csabeeface
csabeeface began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 6
It seems looking around the forum that the internal memory is corrupted. Do anyone have an "image" to the software?
csabeeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
From those threads where corruption is discussed, you'll see that you can't repair it yourself. You need to contact PocketBook about the problem. You either need to send the device to them, or if you can replace the SD card internally, you need to get them to prepare the image for you. Each image is tied to an SD card ID, and only they can do that.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freeze, problem, restart