Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-14-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
SuperDerpBro
Enthusiast
SuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Kindle Previewer 3 won't open :/

I installed it and when i open it nothing happens. Have to kill it in task manager. Any ideas?
SuperDerpBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:41 AM   #2
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Is your Java installation up-to-date?
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2016, 01:01 AM   #3
SuperDerpBro
Enthusiast
SuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with others

Yea, that was the first thing i tried.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
SuperDerpBro
Enthusiast

Just a bump so see if anyone with an idea sees it. I've tried re installing it. Tried all kinds of compatibility modes. Tried running as administrator.. nothing
Old 06-19-2016, 11:43 PM   #5
SuperDerpBro
Enthusiast

Google is no help.. I give up :/
Advert
Old 11-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #6
BrewedCoffee
BrewedCoffee began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDerpBro View Post
Google is no help.. I give up :/
Is there any fix to this yet? I've had issues with getting Kindle Previewer 3 to run on Windows 10 since it first came out. I can sometimes get to to run by uninstalling, restarting and then re-installing but after a few days, the program no longer is able to launch. Right now, I can't get it to launch no matter what I try. It's so frustrating and it's the only program that has ever given me issues like this.
BrewedCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewedCoffee View Post
I can sometimes get to to run by uninstalling, restarting and then re-installing but after a few days, the program no longer is able to launch.
That sounds like the sort of problem that could be caused by something mucking around with files on your system, such as anti-virus software. Are you using anything other than what comes with Windows for that?

I have no ideas other than that possibility.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewedCoffee View Post
Is there any fix to this yet? I've had issues with getting Kindle Previewer 3 to run on Windows 10 since it first came out. I can sometimes get to to run by uninstalling, restarting and then re-installing but after a few days, the program no longer is able to launch. Right now, I can't get it to launch no matter what I try. It's so frustrating and it's the only program that has ever given me issues like this.
That is so weird. We have 8 different computers, all running Win10 here, and we've had no problems with it, at all. I know that's not amazingly helpful--you don't have anything, software-wise, unusual on your computer?

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #9
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hitch, are you now using Previewer 3.x?
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:12 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Hitch, are you now using Previewer 3.x?
We still use both, NJ, but the bottom line is, we have 8 devices here for that universe (Kindle) and we use them all to test. KP3, for example, displays line-heights incorrectly, and I can't tell you how many times per week I have to take RD (real device) screenshots to prove to a client that we didn't ruin something or whatever. In this day and age, you can't be a professional formatter without devices, IMHO.

Hitch
Old 11-19-2018, 01:10 PM   #11
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

>KP3, for example, displays line-heights incorrectly

Still! My goodness. -- NJ
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
>KP3, for example, displays line-heights incorrectly

Still! My goodness. -- NJ
Yup, still. I don't see any indication that it's going to change, from my (myriad!) conversations with the KP development team.

Hitch