Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #121
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I would like to have my fandoms in the fandom column not sorted alphetically, I know I can use the same method as I have with Characters and ships, but that wouldn't work for me considering I have a couple of fandoms with & in the title.

Is there any other way or character I can use to split them?

I hope that made sense
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #122
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I would like to have my fandoms in the fandom column not sorted alphetically, I know I can use the same method as I have with Characters and ships, but that wouldn't work for me considering I have a couple of fandoms with & in the title.

Is there any other way or character I can use to split them?
It's hard for me to say--your metadata setup is probably the most complex I know of and I'm not familiar with all the details.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you changed the separator character to '&' as a method to prevent your custom column(s) from sorting? And you're just looking for a suggestion of a different separator? I'd try:
Code:
join_string_fandoms:;\s
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #123
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I've added what you wrote in my personal.ini, but I still get separated only on the &,. What I am aiming for is a way to edit my fandom column without it being sorted alphabetically, and without using the &, because then the two following fandoms will be split:

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Quote:
join_string_characters:\s&\s
join_string_ships:\s&\s
join_string_fandoms:;\s
The first two works fine, but I can't get the last to work.

Edit: I've added images and code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2015-05-01 22.13.54.png
Views:	455
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	137792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2015-05-01 22.14.23.png
Views:	447
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	137793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2015-05-01 22.14.35.png
Views:	425
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	137794  

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 05-01-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:54 AM   #124
Depletion
Pelican
Depletion began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
Hello, I ran into a failed download.

Code:
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
http://explicit.ponyfictionarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=389
I added 8 other new stories from the same site/author, all of which worked great. This is what debug shows:

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.27  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: SmartEject && Quality Check && Generate Cover && FanFicFare && Count Pages && Reading List
Starting up...
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(167):Plugin FanFicFare macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\TDK\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
Started up in 18.14 seconds with 3697 books
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(786):FanFicFare v2.2.4
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(822):url:http://explicit.ponyfictionarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=389
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.adapter_ponyfictionarchivenet(96):URL: http://explicit.ponyfictionarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=389&index=1&warning=9
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.base_adapter(294):#####################################
pagecache MISS: http://explicit.ponyfictionarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=389&index=1&warning=9
FFF:ERROR:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs(639):Exception: {u'site': 'ponyfictionarchive.net', u'comments': u'', u'author': [u'Unknown'], u'comment': u"'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'", u'pubdate': None, u'calibre_id': None, u'added': False, u'begin': None, u'title': u'Unknown', u'good': False, u'listorder': 0, u'end': None, u'author_sort': [u'Unknown'], u'url': u'http://explicit.ponyfictionarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=389'}:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs", line 629, in do_loop
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin", line 908, in prep_download_loop
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.base_adapter", line 399, in getStoryMetadataOnly
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.base_adapter", line 455, in doExtractChapterUrlsAndMetadata
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.adapter_ponyfictionarchivenet", line 174, in extractChapterUrlsAndMetadata
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
I'm running the test version in post #2.
Depletion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #125
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depletion View Post
Hello, I ran into a failed download.

Code:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
http://explicit.ponyfictionarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=389
Apparently ponyfictionarchive.net stories don't have to have In-Progress or Complete flags.

I've posted a new test version that will allow stories without one or the other. However, it does mean that those stories will not have In-Progress or Complete tags or any Status metadata.
Advert
Old 05-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #126
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I've added what you wrote in my personal.ini, but I still get separated only on the &,. What I am aiming for is a way to edit my fandom column without it being sorted alphabetically, and without using the &, because then the two following fandoms will be split:

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Percy Jackson & The Olympians
I would guess that it has to do with the 'Contains names' option on the first column. Tooltip says '...contains names, like the author column.' And one of the author column features is to automatically split on '&'.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #127
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've tried removing the "Contains Names" and it's now one big link, with no separation.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #128
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I would guess that it has to do with the 'Contains names' option on the first column. Tooltip says '...contains names, like the author column.' And one of the author column features is to automatically split on '&'.
Quote:
I've tried removing the "Contains Names" and it's now one big link, with no separation.
"Contains names" means split on & and preserve the order of items in the list. If you uncheck "Contains names" then it will split on comma and will make no attempt to preserve order.

It seems that your choice is to lose order preservation or lose ampersands in titles.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #129
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Ok, do you have an idea for an alternative to &?

and how would this line be changed?

Quote:
${category} => (?:\w*\s*,\s*\S*\d*\D*){2,} => Multi

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 05-02-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #130
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Ok, do you have an idea for an alternative to &?
Assuming you are asking about alternatives for "Percy Jackson & The Olympians", use the word that "&" stands for, "and". Example: "Percy Jackson and The Olympians".
Quote:
and how would this line be changed?
Code:
${category} => (?:\w*\s*,\s*\S*\d*\D*){2,} => Multi
I have no idea what that line is used for so cannot make suggestions.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #131
Tanjamuse
Wizard

That's okay, I've figured it out myself

Jimm: Do you think you can get the plugin to pick up languages on this site:

http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/index.php

Thanks
Old 05-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #132
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Jimm: Do you think you can get the plugin to pick up languages on this site:

http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/index.php
I don't see anything on the stories there that indicates language. So probably not. If there is, please give me a story URL that shows and a pointer where to look for it.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:41 AM   #133
Depletion
Pelican
Depletion began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Apparently ponyfictionarchive.net stories don't have to have In-Progress or Complete flags.
This worked great, thanks. And another thanks for your metadata FAQ, I didn't like how ponyfictionarchive.com was using "Complete" when everything else in my library uses the status "Completed". I added
Code:
replace_metadata:
 Complete=>Completed
 In Progress=>In-Progress
Fixed it quite nicely. I've done similar in the past but needed a reminder.
Depletion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #134
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depletion View Post
This worked great, thanks. And another thanks for your metadata FAQ, I didn't like how ponyfictionarchive.com was using "Complete" when everything else in my library uses the status "Completed". I added
Code:
replace_metadata:
 Complete=>Completed
 In Progress=>In-Progress
Fixed it quite nicely. I've done similar in the past but needed a reminder.
I'm glad it helped. But you might consider instead:
Code:
replace_metadata:
 status=>^Complete$=>Completed
 status=>^In Progress$=>In-Progress
What you have now will effect the words 'Complete' and 'In Progress' if they appear in other metadata, too. Like the title. And the ^$ are so that if they someday change it to 'Completed' themselves you don't end up with 'Completedd'.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #135
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
something I noticed previously but didn't think anything about, but just saw it happened recently again, so thought I mention/ask about it.

With fanfiction.net, every no and then when you update the story it duplicates the IDs. you end up with 2 entries: not sure why it's happening.

I'm using 1.48 of calibre with 2.2.4 of the plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	137873  
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction