Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2018, 07:09 PM   #2701
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@aleq: Use MRPI. (Except, as usual, with the packages from the Snapshots).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #2702
aleq
Enthusiast
aleq began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT (4.0.1), KT (5.3.7.3), KPW1 (sold), KPW2
@NiLuJe
although I may not fully understand the statement in parethesis (as I even tried the python package fron Snapshots without MRPI), I used MRPI now and that did the trick. Thanks again!
aleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #2703
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Simply that I'm recommending you to use the snapshots, and not the current release. (i.e., rolling-release style).

And that the snapshots packages will only install through MRPI anyway .
Old 07-12-2018, 02:02 AM   #2704
Puky70
Puky70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindly Voyage
Hi,

is there still no screensaver hack for KOA2?

Kind regards

Puky70
Puky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #2705
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Puky70: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Old 08-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #2706
Puky70
Puky70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindly Voyage
@ NiLuJe,

great job

Thx
Puky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #2707
fourwinds
fourwinds began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
If you haven't done (factory) reset of you PW3 after it updated to firmware 5.9.x you should be able to restore full jailbreak and "jailbreak bridge" functionality by installing the "hotfix" bin. And then using MrPi you should install "booklet" version of KUAL since fw 5.9.x killed support for "kindlets"/"active content" (old KUAL in form of .azw2 file is a kindlet). That is why you can not start KUAL. The jailbreak itself could be still fully functional.

So try those things. Take a look at this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...57#post3633257
Thanks Shaman!

I got the KAUL up and running but now when I try to reinstall the screensaver hack it doesn't load properly.

I used the files under kindle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3.zip
and put the Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin into the mrpackages folder and then used kaul to install. It goes through the install and reboots but when I go to the lockscreen I don't get the successfully installed image and there is no screen saver option under KAUL.

Just in case I also tried putting that bin under the root directory but it would not allow me to update the kindle like that

Any more suggestions?

Thank you!
fourwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:01 PM   #2708
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Try with packages from the snapshots thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030)
Old 08-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #2709
fourwinds
fourwinds began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Try with packages from the snapshots thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030)
NiLuJe, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! The snapshots worked!
fourwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:58 AM   #2710
exile2
exile2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi all,
I didn't read everything here, but searching this thread for "pobi" didn't show any results:

the screensaver's hack works fine for me, except "Der Spiegel" doesn't work, a German magazine. Its file-extension is "pobi" and my Voyage doesn't show its cover. Is there any workaround?
The latest snapshot-files are installed.
exile2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #2711
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@exile2: There's a config switch to enable periodicals support in the KUAL extension.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:09 AM   #2712
exile2
exile2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Great, that works! Thanks a lot.
exile2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:52 AM   #2713
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Uhm.. Possibly latest snapshot broke something in the recently added kfx support. It used to work before I updated to cope with the new binaries; but now it doesn't anymore. In a couple of books I read after the update, the very same book in azw3 format displays the cover, while in kfx it doesn't... Let me know if you're willing to investigate this.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:41 AM   #2714
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ruskie_it: I'm going to need a bit more details (ideally, system logs), and a vague idea of which version you were previously using, because I can't reproduce on my end (granted, I only have a single test KFX ).
Old 09-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #2715
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Ruskie_it: I'm going to need a bit more details (ideally, system logs), and a vague idea of which version you were previously using, because I can't reproduce on my end (granted, I only have a single test KFX ).
Hah! I was sure about that, I posted only to tickle your curiosity.
Seriously speaking, I can give you all the details you want if you explain me how to get them.
About versions: the "faulty" one is the latest snapshot you published I think 2-3 days ago (the one that uses FBInk). The previous one, I really don't know how to tell. It was one that supported the cover extraction from KFX, but other than that I cannot say.
Any log you need, just tell me how to get it and I will send it to you!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch