Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
fracheva
fracheva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Error when sending book to Kindle

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to send a book I bought and downloaded as PDF to my Kindle using Calibre. After clicking the Send button I get an error message (sometimes immediately after clicking it, sometimes after 5 or even 8 minutes of processing). The sender email is whitelisted on Amazon and I tried to put Calibre on the Exclusions on my Antivirus (Bitdefender, if relevant) but nothing works.
Anybody have an idea on what could it be and how to solve it? For reference, here is the error message I receive:
Spoiler:

Starting job: Invia tramite email Actes du Colloque Girondins et Montagnards.pdf a fracheva@kindle.com

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 45, in run
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 117, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 282, in compose_mail
MemoryError

Retrying in 301 seconds...

Waiting 301 seconds before sending, to avoid being marked as spam.
You can control this delay via Preferences->Tweaks

Sending failed...

File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 289, in compose_mail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 109, in create_mail
File "email\message.py", line 317, in set_payload
MemoryError

Job: "Invia tramite email Actes du Colloque Girondins et Montagnards.pdf a fracheva@kindle.com" failed with error:
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 102, in __call__
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 289, in compose_mail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 109, in create_mail
File "email\message.py", line 317, in set_payload
MemoryError

Called with args: ('C:\\Users\\Utente\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _zia0fc5u\\3e6jv2e0caltmpfmt.mobi', 'Actes du Colloque Girondins et Montagnards.pdf - Albert Soboul.mobi', 'fracheva@kindle.com', 'Libro elettronico Actes du Colloque Girondins et Montagnards.pdf', 'Troverete allegato il libro elettronico\n\nActes du Colloque Girondins et Montagnards.pdf\n\tdi Albert Soboul\n\nnel formato MOBI') {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x07158898>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x07158A18>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x07158A00>}

Last edited by theducks; 10-02-2021 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spoilered
fracheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try rebooting in safe mode.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
devices, kindle, memory error, send by email