Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 12:54 AM   #1
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Kindle PW4 Touchscreen unresponsive/Ghost Taps

I have a PW4 randomly books get opened and device starts recognising random taps on screen...

Lets say these Ghost Taps are merely a hardware malfunction but I think
  • a wild guess it could be Amazon doing with revoking JB

Hardly convinced Customer Support it's a hardware issue process for replacement (though the device is a month out of warranty but they said let me check with superiors)
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:02 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Are you saying you JB ed your Kindle? In any case, I’d do Restart and see if that helps. But you may already have tried that.

Reset would also be an option, but I don’t know what that would do with your JB if that is what you have going.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2020, 03:07 AM   #3
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Reset would also be an option, but I don’t know what that would do with your JB if that is what you have going.
Not sure but its a hardware failure...
Device acts somewhat like in disabled Touchscreen feature.. no help from reset and changing FW ... Even same error persists with FACTORY FIRMWARE
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardware failure, paperwhite 4, unresponsive, updated fw