Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-25-2021, 06:00 PM   #31
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
I'm puzzled that jospalau bought what is essentially an e-reader but doesn't use it as such. My Alita is used exclusively for books and having just re-tried some of the best rated apps for reading I'm back with Librera. Everything else is so slow and glitchy that I don't find it versatile enough. Wi-fi makes a huge difference to how long my Alita lasts on a full charge so it's nearly always turned off.
Basically I got it because I love reading with Moon Reader+ but, I started working again beginning of year and I haven't had a chance to read since then. I found this device to be key for taking notes in my meetings and writing my notes when I have to solve problems. I always have it handy. But for sure I love reading, Joe Abercrombie is my favourite author and I love the Malazan series

I hard reseted again and it seems to be working fine again.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:03 PM   #32
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Are you just using it for only notes? If you don't have books on it?
Only for taking notes and I had Moon Reader+ but no ebooks in it. I hard reseted again and I didn't install anything. Since it seems to be working fine, I will leave it like this at the moment.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:17 PM   #33
jospalau
Groupie

So it is still sucking the battery while idle. I got tyred of finding it dead every morning and I decided to downgraded it. Things starting to be bad for me after updating my firmware. I will keep you posted.

Old 07-28-2021, 11:09 PM   #34
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Did you try to install NetGuard and block all connections except those you need? Probably it tries to connect to something while idle
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:48 AM   #35
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Only turn WIFi on when needed and same on BT.
No issues with Android 8.1 and Current FW on a 7.8" Mars.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:20 AM   #36
jospalau
Groupie

Giving up.... I am going to get a BOOX Nova3. I wasn't lucky this time with this device. It is a nice one though.

Old 07-31-2021, 04:20 AM   #37
jospalau
Groupie

I am not giving up yet. Do you think it could be the cover. For some reason something is wrong with it?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_effect_sensor

Old 07-31-2021, 07:35 AM   #38
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Try sleeping it with the button and with WiFi, Google FW and BT all off, with the cover removed.

If you open the cover really fast you should see the sleep screen briefly if the hall sensor + magnet in cover combo is working.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:36 PM   #39
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
I am not giving up yet. Do you think it could be the cover. For some reason something is wrong with it?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_effect_sensor

I have found that the cover on mine is faulty, It turns the device on with the slightest movement as it lies on the bedside table. just reaching across and accidentally touching it is sufficient to activate it. I have found that the battery lasts far longer without the cover. The cover incidentally is not particularly well designed or well made.
I am seeking an alternative
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #40
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
I have found that the cover on mine is faulty, It turns the device on with the slightest movement as it lies on the bedside table. just reaching across and accidentally touching it is sufficient to activate it. I have found that the battery lasts far longer without the cover. The cover incidentally is not particularly well designed or well made.
I am seeking an alternative
Yeah my Ares cover is this way. So much so I have to check it when I close it to make sure it turned off and just incase have it sleep after a 1minute if not touched. I even sent feedback to boyue months ago asking for a setting in the os that we could disable the hall sensor and just use it as a nice case without that feature (this maybe be hardware limited thing though) also when you plug it in to charge make sure to open it and close it once so it does not leave the light on.

The cover for the Mars and t80s is way better designed and doesn't have this issue.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:45 AM   #41
jospalau
Groupie

I am on holidays for 10 days. When I come back the battery should still have plenty of charge. Hopefully that's the reason. I just noticed strange behaviours during last months like the Ares not waking up after opening the case and things like that.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:42 AM   #42
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
The latest upgrade from Boyue seems to have fixed this problem of the cover randomly turning the device on (so far anyway)
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:29 PM   #43
jospalau
Groupie

That was definitely my problem. I am not using the cover and the battery lasts. After coming from holidays it still had charge.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:17 PM   #44
FILIPEAVT
FILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmosFILIPEAVT has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
That was definitely my problem. I am not using the cover and the battery lasts. After coming from holidays it still had charge.

Glad you solved the problem!
FILIPEAVT is offline   Reply With Quote