Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 12:56 PM   #31
mrkapqa
mrkapqa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1, prs-t3,
FraPe i am willing to pay you if you could send me a battery that works with the Chip.
Ordered a replacement battery but that one after an initial short life (it would give signs of life with the power cable attached) would no longer charge or hold a charge for no apparent reason.
I thought that maybe i made an error when replacing the battery, but luckily the seller was quick in offering a refund.
The EbookReader is quite damaged externally due to my unprofessional opening (thanks to the video posted here i might have learned how to do it).

I am living in Europe/Italy/SouthTyrol and would be happy to continue using the device as i find it very good one.
mrkapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #32
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Shopgoodwill has a Sony PRS-950 available for auction ending today 9/7/2019 6:39:00 PM Pacific Time. Last night I saw it and told myself I wasn't going to bid for it however this morning the inevitable happened. Hopefully, someone will outbid me since I really don't need another ereader.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/75151084
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:48 AM   #33
FraPe
Enthusiast
FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.FraPe has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-300, PRS-950 and Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkapqa View Post
FraPe i am willing to pay you if you could send me a battery that works with the Chip.
Ordered a replacement battery but that one after an initial short life (it would give signs of life with the power cable attached) would no longer charge or hold a charge for no apparent reason.
I thought that maybe i made an error when replacing the battery, but luckily the seller was quick in offering a refund.
The EbookReader is quite damaged externally due to my unprofessional opening (thanks to the video posted here i might have learned how to do it).

I am living in Europe/Italy/SouthTyrol and would be happy to continue using the device as i find it very good one.
Hello, sorry, I am not able to provide you a battery that works. If it does not work you have to do what I did and described. Some readers are okay without but some readers are not. In the latter case I don't think you will be able to find a battery working.

Kind regards,
Franz Peter.
FraPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:05 PM   #34
DocMeade
DocMeade began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Super bummed to think about letting my Sony PRS-950 die just because I can't get a battery to work! I've tried multiple after market batteries labeled appropriate for my model, but no luck, not even with the Newpower99.com version. I even soldered in a resistor to the temp sensor wire as suggested, but only managed to render the thing unreturnable! The only thing I didn't try was to make a franken-battery with the old electonics because I had already thrown the damn thing away! Aargh! I may try to get my hands on a used OEM and try that hack. If I don't post again, assume I died in a fiery blaze clutching my beloved Sony.
DocMeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:55 AM   #35
Brian M
Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: PRS-950
Thought I'd do an update, we're a month shy of 2 years since I combined the OEM charge electrics with the replacement battery. No explosions, fire, swelling or other negative issues. Actually, it works as new without any oddness.

I know, it may sound daunting, but any cellphone or other electronics repair can do it without problem.
Brian M is offline   Reply With Quote