Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #1
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Question Button/Firmware/Kepler Pro question

Much as I like my K Pro, I'm having an ongoing problem with the page turn buttons. The fact that they are recessed slightly behind the front of the bezel (due to the sides slopping towards the back) makes it difficult to give a proper press. This in turn leads to frequent overcompensation and my presses being interpreted by the firmware as a 'long press' -- which for the 'next page' button brings up the 'Home screen', meaning I have to reopen the book, leading to a few seconds delay ('back page' calls up some navigation menu that I have to 'Cancel' out of).

Is there any setting in the firmware for increasing the length of press before it is interpreted as "long"?
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:17 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is important. I have been wanting to modify the same, for the opposit reason (making the wait for triggering long-press shorter). I could never find the solution (the research could have been much longer). I think nonetheless that the definition of the "long press" is not in the Android system, but in an hardware configuration that is set "earlier" than the Operating System.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert