Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
BottledDragon
BottledDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 7th Generaton
Question So i got a new kindle...

and i would like to figure out what firmware it is so i can jailbreak it, just got it today and it just updated to whatever the latest firmware is but i cant find out what that is. The kindle i got is this one (without special offers) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KDRPW76/...ing=UTF8&psc=1 and would like to know how to check the firmware it has, any help is appreciated!
BottledDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Tap the menu. You may need settings. Then tap on device info.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2016, 12:56 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You have the entry-level KT2. It can be jailbroken with Branch Delay's jailbreak (it's the sticky thread), as log as it is on firmware 5.6.5

TURN OFF THE WIFI IMMEDIATELY! DO NOT LET IT UPDATE!

Oh wait -- you did already? Bummer.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, question