Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
jiji
jiji began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Post New York Times not getting delivered

Hello there!

I've been subscriped to NYT (Kobo Touch) for four months. Recently, despite syncing my device 20 times (directly from my Touch or with Kobo Desktop), I have not been able to get any new papers. Has this happened to any of you? How can I fix this problem?

Thank you!
jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't speak to Kobo subscriptions, but the NYT is a news source available through Calibre. It does require a subscription login, but I would imagine that the Kobo login ID and password would work for you, and I've found Calibre very useful for newspaper downloads. It has a tremendous variety available.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

This has been happening with multiple paper subscriptions, not just the New York Times: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=116113

I second the recommendation for the Calibre free news content. I've compared my local paper (The Vancouver Sun) by trial Kobo subscription, with the Calibre version and the absolutely minor differences were not significant enough to justify paying for it.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
jiji

Wow. I am using Calibre right now and NYT seems to be the only newspaper that is not free... haha. Well I think I am just going to drop my subscription.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It all depends on the policy of the paper. Some papers have decided to put up a "paywall" to allow access. Major papers which have done this are the Times, Sunday Times, Financial Times, Wall Street Journal and NYT. All bar NYT are owned by Rupert Murdoch and the News Corporation, of Fox News fame. They are of the opinion that they can make more money through a "paywall" in spite of the inevitable drop in advertising numbers. Most other major papers, the only ones who could ever justify a paywall, are still free.

Personally I'd rather read the local advertising flyer than give Murdoch any money, but your mileage may vary! ;-)
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
jiji

Darn and why so many people are paying for subscriptions... Anyways, thank you very much!