Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
zon9873
zon9873 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
New Feature Suggestion: DRAG & DROP Covers

Let's imagine I have the covers explorer opened in Calibre.

And let's imagine after downloading the Metadata I cannot find the cover of my book (thing that happens normally when you are in other languages in which the covers are not widely distributed, for example, spanish).

What I would like is, after searching the cover in Google

Drag it to Calibre
Drop it in Calibre
and bingo
I have the cover placed properly in the book
Drag and Drop covers

I think this feature would be great to incorporate in new versions

zon9873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
You can drag and drop into the metadata edit part...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
You can drag and drop into the metadata edit part...
Agreed, and it works very well. The bit that caught me out initially was that you have to drop the new cover right on top of the existing cover that is already showing, not just in that general area.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Hi,

I also use the drag and drop for covers which works well but when saving and then viewing, it shows 2 different covers...

Jay
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote