Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #46
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am sure someone did. I didn't but that is me. If the various publishers want to weaken Amazon they need to remove DRM and get rid of Agency pricing so that Kindle customers can shop at different stores.

We know that most folks do not strp DRM and convert so maintaining DRM only helps Amazon. We know that if the prices are the same that people have no incentive to shop around.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #47
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am sure someone did. I didn't but that is me. If the various publishers want to weaken Amazon they need to remove DRM and get rid of Agency pricing so that Kindle customers can shop at different stores.

We know that most folks do not strp DRM and convert so maintaining DRM only helps Amazon. We know that if the prices are the same that people have no incentive to shop around.
What about the fact that different e-readers have different native formats? A publisher could start by putting epubs up for all the other readers. And as you said, stripping DRM would be a good next step.

On the other hand, agency pricing isn't a bad thing in my book. For starters, it helps keep small independent retailers in business by preventing big box giants from discounting them out of existence.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #48
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Amazon won't sell EPub. The publishers insist on DRM and Amazon won't pay for ADE. The other bookstores can't sell mobi using Amazon's DRM. Until DRM is gone, there are no opportunities for cross format sales of major publisher books.

The indie stores cannot sell agency books. They are not allowed or have been able to negotiate with the big 6 so they can sell those books.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 05-28-2012 at 07:29 PM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote