Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #706
nwbdan
nwbdan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1m View Post
Update: I think the smart layout for PDF is a great feature. The paragraf get rearrange and text can be enlarged. There are words joined together but I think they will fix it very soon.
I hope they fix those problems too, because for me Smart Layout is the best feature of all the Doukan 2012 firware over the original.
nwbdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #707
kinetiq
kinetiq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
any words, when english lang. will be enabled? (KT)
kinetiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #708
theobets
theobets began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetiq View Post
any words, when english lang. will be enabled? (KT)
I´m also looking forward to that. Earlier this year I have heard something about a july release. But, since then, no news about it...
theobets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #709
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theobets View Post
I´m also looking forward to that. Earlier this year I have heard something about a july release. But, since then, no news about it...
Please send an email to kindleuser@duokan.com in order to make pressure on them.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #710
kinetiq
kinetiq began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Please send an email to kindleuser@duokan.com in order to make pressure on them.
I did it already (from two independent email accounts - just to be sure)
But seriously:
I'm asking as a fresh, and relatively unexperienced Kindle user - is there any sense to instal duokan on KT as it is now (I can't read chinese)? Will it be usable?
kinetiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #711
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetiq View Post
I did it already (from two independent email accounts - just to be sure)
But seriously:
I'm asking as a fresh, and relatively unexperienced Kindle user - is there any sense to instal duokan on KT as it is now (I can't read chinese)? Will it be usable?
I haven't used it on Touch yet. However there is quite a limited item which you should use frequently, hence it may not much difficult to get used to it.

Last edited by thomass; 09-03-2012 at 01:59 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #712
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
R6.0 is coming...
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #713
fholiveira
fholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Dk Translation tool

Hey guys,

I needed to translate the Dk for my Kindle 3; to simplify my work, i made a application that manages the translation files... it's a very, very simple app, but usefull. With my app you can:

View/edit the translations files of Duokan
View all available translations for certain key (sentence)
Maintain a version control of your translations

Here is a screen shot:
Spoiler:

If anyone is interested, the source code is in my GitHub:
https://github.com/fholiveira/TradutorDuokan

Please feel free to make any comment.

p.s. Sorry about my poor english...
fholiveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #714
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
What version then I have?
Kindle 4 NT
Duokan 2012-08-31.C15084.rtm

Tnx.

---
Later I found it, it is R5.5.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #715
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
Updating to R6.0 via OTA now.

Smart layout for PDF still stickwordstogether...

A bit disappointed, hope it will improve on next version

Last edited by andy1m; 09-07-2012 at 06:02 AM.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #716
buddha2012
buddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toys

Device: K3 & K4NT
It's a bit early to say that but I am looking forward to see Duokan running on the new Kindle Paperwite. More contrast is always welcome.
It must be a challenging time for the Duokan developers team
buddha2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #717
fforc9e
fforc9e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle B00E with DuoKan
Yes... I definitely gonna buy this new kindle. Its only 120$ + about 20-30$ shipping to Poland so it quite cheap. I really looking forward to see Duokan on it.

Btw. I think it won't take long because it seems to be the same OS in KT except this new feature - build-in light and new drivers for display, CPU etc.
fforc9e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #718
buddha2012
buddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toys

Device: K3 & K4NT
... Higher resolution! Must be a new firmware then. I do not think we will see Duokan running on this one before next year.
I am looking forward to reading the first reviews but I won't buy it before they get Duokan working on it. I am so used to Duokan already, can't live without
G
buddha2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #719
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
@buddha2012
You got your point. I'll stick with mine almost new Kindle4NT (6 months old). But the next year, i'll think about it .
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #720
cyrilhopkins
the_funtom
cyrilhopkins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just installed the latest version of duokan 2012-09-07.15422.rtm.....looks good.
-Earlier I had problems with the index particularly in image based pdfs....That's rectified.
- Page turns are much faster and smooth
- Didn't experience any crashes so far....Earlier versions there were some crashes
- Bookmarks Anyone try that out yet. When I tried to bookmark it just opened up the bookmarks section which is all in Chinese...I've already selected English and all menu items show English except for bookmarks. Did anyone else experience this? Please help fix this
- Also in Root Folder A---what is it?
- In the 2nd page of settings what is the 3rd option after Battery ratio mode
- Has anyone tried the bookstore...Is it only for a chinese books?
- How does the wifi data transfer work?
- What is QiuShiBaiKe? I've seen this in a lot of previous versions, but would like to know more about it if it s helpful
- Anyone register for the Account Center? What are the benefits

Please do read and answer!!!!
Thanks a lot!
cyrilhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf