Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Export list to excel?

Is there a way to export the list of booksI have in Calibre to excel or word? Or Acrobat even?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Is there a way to export the list of booksI have in Calibre to excel or word? Or Acrobat even?
See the Creating catalogs: Start here sticky.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-08-2011 at 12:24 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Hey G, I read through that but I'm afraid I still don't know what it means. I need to move everything to a different catalog? What does that do?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You don't "move" anything to a catalog. A catalog just, well, catalogues your books.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Hey G, I read through that but I'm afraid I still don't know what it means. I need to move everything to a different catalog? What does that do?
Export your books in CSV format as described in the sticky, then open that file in Excel.

G
Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #6
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

One of the fields that can be exported is #mm_date_read. I infer there's a way to put my last date that I read a book in Calibre, but I can't find a way to do this.
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:42 AM   #7
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I suspect that this is a case of when the computer analogy of real things becomes the real thing, and not the analogy.

A catalog or directory was originally a list of names and other information about persons or other entities, like books. Possibly on a sheet of paper, a sign, in a book or on a set of cards in a box/boxes. Not the actual persons or books, just references to them.

The word catalog or directory in computerspeak is often used to name the position in some hierarchical virtual tree with catalogs within catalogs, or folders/directories within folders/directories, that in some ways mimic the catalogs and directories of old.

In calibre the catalog tools are used to create a list of the books, in different formats. The old type of catalog. Not actually create a computer style catalog or directory to store the books. Calibre can do that as well, of course, but that is called "save to disk".

The words "format", "file" and "folder" are other examples where the computerspeak meaning has taken over.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:14 AM   #8
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
One of the fields that can be exported is #mm_date_read. I infer there's a way to put my last date that I read a book in Calibre, but I can't find a way to do this.
#mm_date_read is a custom field created under Marvin XD for storing the last read date retrieved from Marvin. That field is populated when the Marvin XD plugin is running, and you either click the Refresh custom columns button, or right-click on the book in the Last read column, then select Apply to 'Last read' column.

G