Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
swede
swede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Intl
Preordered wrong type K3 - international user ?

Hi,

update: learnt that its probably only the power adapter that wont work. im keeping my first order :-)

I preordered, like many of you, a Kindle 3 as soon as it was available;

This one;

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles.../dp/B003FSUDM4

To my absolute horror i by accident earlier today noticed a text on Amazon telling me that the kindle cant be used in Sweden, instead I had to order another one;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ1Y7M?country=SE

I was in contact with CS, and they told me I had to cancel my previous preorder, and order this one instead. Since the one I preordered woudnt work in Sweden... The new will arrive around 12th september.

*SIGH* waited almost one month!

Last edited by swede; 08-22-2010 at 03:49 PM.
swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My condolences. I won't get mine until probably September 6th, and that's bad enough.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Huh, sorry, don't know how this ended up here. I swear I posted it over in a pandigital novel thread.

Last edited by carld; 08-22-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I read somewhere that the Novel only has a 66 MHz processor. Is that right? That's fine for an ebook reader (probably) but if you plan to hack it into a general tablet that'd be mighty slow.
???
Old 08-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
oooh, pooh! i think i did the same (
and i've been waiting so patiently for over 3 weeks.
i've written to CS. waiting on the verdict.
funny thing is... i've written to them before (about a different issue about the new Kindle) and they didn't say anything....
if it's true it'll come only on the 17th of September.

i'm 3 hairpins away from a meltdown. ^sobbing^
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
carld
Wizard

Wrong thread.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
oooh, pooh! i think i did the same (
and i've been waiting so patiently for over 3 weeks.
i've written to CS. waiting on the verdict.
funny thing is... i've written to them before (about a different issue about the new Kindle) and they didn't say anything....
if it's true it'll come only on the 17th of September.

i'm 3 hairpins away from a meltdown. ^sobbing^
Ive having the same discussion on Kindleboards, and I think its just the poweradapter that wont work. Not 100% sure yet. So dont cancel yet!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swede View Post
Hi,

I preordered, like many of you, a Kindle 3 as soon as it was available;

This one;

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles.../dp/B003FSUDM4

To my absolute horror i by accident earlier today noticed a text on Amazon telling me that the kindle cant be used in Sweden, instead I had to order another one;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ1Y7M?country=SE
I did the same, but since on both pages you linked it says "3G works globally", I'm not going to cancel my order.
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by olis View Post
I did the same, but since on both pages you linked it says "3G works globally", I'm not going to cancel my order.
Me neither, having calmed down now :-)
Old 08-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ive having the same discussion on Kindleboards, and I think its just the poweradapter that wont work. Not 100% sure yet. So dont cancel yet!
i haven't cancelled. just added another pre-order just to be on the safe side. you never know, i might wake up tomorrow and find out that, i've been waiting on Sept 4 for nothing, and the delivery date's been pushed to october

waiting on CS to dispense some Valium
Old 08-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?

right, so the Valium has been delivered.

basically the awesome Kindle CS said i'll get my Kindle even if i've ordered from the general page but they can't add any additional costs to the order total so i should not be surprised (and it's not their fault) if i have to pay more than "the price" (because of any taxes that might arise and they're not aware of)
Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #12
swede

Update. The Kindle will work - in sweden, although (of course) the power adapter dont; got this from CS:

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the incorrect information you received. The Kindle that you've pre-ordered works in Sweden.

However the Power adapter may not be compatible. The U.S. power adapter supports voltages 100V-240V. If you are outside of the U.S. and choose to use a local plug adapter, make sure the plug adapter is compatible and follow all safety instructions.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
jdee
jdee began at the beginning.

Device: eslick
Quote:
Update. The Kindle will work - in sweden, although (of course) the power adapter dont; got this from CS:

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the incorrect information you received. The Kindle that you've pre-ordered works in Sweden.

However the Power adapter may not be compatible. The U.S. power adapter supports voltages 100V-240V. If you are outside of the U.S. and choose to use a local plug adapter, make sure the plug adapter is compatible and follow all safety instructions.
On the contrary, I think the charger would work as stated, the power adapter has auto-switching voltages. You just need an adapter to fit your house sockets.
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
You can get those in any store that sell travel goods. You can also charge it through your PCs USB port. So no wuckin forries mate.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote