Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-16-2017, 05:47 AM   #31
bershan2
bershan2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, PC
This thread had been dead for a bit more than 2 weeks now, and I'm sure something has happened in that time. Would anyone please post an update on the current state of proofreading of the latest update in the post by KevinH? Or did the manual move to a repo (which I could not find)?

I'd like to help out, but I do not want to create larger confusion, therefore so far I can work on translations on Transifex.
bershan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bershan2 View Post
This thread had been dead for a bit more than 2 weeks now, and I'm sure something has happened in that time. Would anyone please post an update on the current state of proofreading of the latest update in the post by KevinH? Or did the manual move to a repo (which I could not find)?

I'd like to help out, but I do not want to create larger confusion, therefore so far I can work on translations on Transifex.
I'll get an update to you, if you'd like?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #33
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guys:

I'm sorry to do this, but I have to postpone working on this further, for a while.

My assistant/customer service person has gone on to another gig. Her last day was Tuesday. I have not yet found a replacement for her. Our typical email load is ~220-300emails/day, and now it's just me handling it. I don't have time to eat, much less proofread. I tried not to bail on this, hoping that her replacement would beam down to my office like magic, but...not so much. I don't want to dither longer, hoping that someone will show up and I can get back to this.

I can send the File that I have on to bershan or anyone else, but I had made a number of tentative notes, in html comments, that may not be that useful to anyone but me.

Please advise; feel free to email me if you prefer.

Hitch
Old 01-21-2017, 06:39 PM   #34
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please zip up everything you have and post it to this thread here. That way everyone can find it. I'll work on getting a github site up for people to make changes to it trackable.

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #35
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Please zip up everything you have and post it to this thread here. That way everyone can find it. I'll work on getting a github site up for people to make changes to it trackable.

Thanks,

KevinH
OK. I feel terrible about it. :-(

Hitch
Advert
Old 01-21-2017, 07:27 PM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Appreciate the attempt and the intent, Hitch. Life happens.
We'll get it all into a github repository where it belongs.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #37
bershan2
bershan2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, PC
Looking forward to seeing the guide on GitHub.
bershan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:27 AM   #38
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Appreciate the attempt and the intent, Hitch. Life happens.
We'll get it all into a github repository where it belongs.
The MOMENT I have someone hired, and trained (dunno how long that will take), I have every intention of starting back up. Perhaps bershan and I can connect, and split up sections, or something.

Hitch
Old 01-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #39
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When multiple people start to work on it simultaneously, I think the best best is to create a github site for the exploded (unzipped) epub materials and let people change things that way.

I would be happy to create a Sigil import plugin that will download and read the current state of the files and create an epub directly from the github site into Sigil, and an output plugin that will create a patch file against current master of any changes people want to make.

That way those without a github account or those unfamiliar with github can easily make changes.

How does that sound?

KevinH
Old 01-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #40
KevinH
Sigil Developer

BTW, I would be happy to start the github site with Doitsu's version and then you can simply use the plugins (when they are ready) to make whatever changes you have already made if that would be easier.

Thanks,

KevinH
Old 01-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #41
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
BTW, I would be happy to start the github site with Doitsu's version and then you can simply use the plugins (when they are ready) to make whatever changes you have already made if that would be easier.
If you decide to check in my version, please:

1. Remove all tags with a class="deleted" attribute.
2. Remove class="new" attributes.
3. Remove the following stylesheet entries from styles.css:
Code:
.new { color: Teal; background-color: #FFFF00; }
.deleted { color: red; background-color: #FFFF00; text-decoration: line-through; }
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #42
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Doitsu,

Will do.

Thanks!

KevinH
Old 01-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #43
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi All,

I probably should change all of the .html files to .xhtml files just to make auto conversion to epub3 easier. Is that okay with people?

I noticed there was an included font SmallCaps.otf that is not obfuscated. Does anyone know if this font is free or should I be obfuscating the font and if so, with adobe or idpf obfuscation.

Thanks,

KevinH
Old 01-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #44
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
I noticed there was an included font SmallCaps.otf that is not obfuscated. Does anyone know if this font is free or should I be obfuscating the font and if so, with adobe or idpf obfuscation.
Fontin SmallCaps is a free font by Jos Buivenga that is released under a special license that allows commercial and non-commercial use.

Quote:
  • This font is free for personal and commercial use
  • The font file/software may be modified to suit design of system requirements,
  • but strictly for your own (personal or commercial) use. You may not sell or distribute it
  • Embedding (in PDF's, Flash files and programs) is allowed
  • You may use this font for Font-Face embedding, but only if you put a link to www.exljbris.nl on your page and/or put this notice /* A font by Jos Buivenga (exljbris) -> www.exljbris.com */ in your CSS file as near as possible to the piece of code that declares the Font-Face embedding of this font.
  • This font may not be distributed or sold -not online nor on any media- without my permission
  • This font is and remains (even when modified) the intellectual property of Jos Buivenga
  • exljbris Font Foundry is not liable for any damage resulting from the use of this font
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #45
KevinH
Sigil Developer

pps - possible layout of Sigil site:

I was thinking of creating a single Sigil_docs github site that would contain all of the docs in the main Sigil tree to allow easier translation and updates.

Something along the lines of:

Sigil_docs/user_guide_epub/ (with subdirectories by language code each holding the unzipped version of the epub)

Sigil_docs/plugin_framework_epub/ (ditto)

Sigil_docs/building_from_source/ (do we even need this, are translation necessary?)

That said, perhaps it would be better to create 2 different github sites:

Sigil_user_guide
Sigil_plugin_framework

and let the main Sigil github site be the location for building from source instructions since those change by distribution, toolchain, etc.

Using separate sites allows anyone can grab the zip of the master branch quite easily as each would have their own zip archive.

Comments and suggestions for how best to do this and how to handle/store translations welcome!

KevinH