Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
witch_moon
witch_moon began at the beginning.

Device: cybook Gen3
Problem with battery and USB port

Hi,

I just got my Cybook Gen3 ,. ...and got trouble with battery and USB port.
I hope that someone here might be able to help me

Here is what happened:
  • charged the Cybook. I used the USB adapter from Cybook gen3 package.
  • turn on, everything worked flawlessly. The battery was 60 %
  • turn off then charge it. 5 hours later, the charge indication still red. I became worried, and turn my cybook on. The battery indication became less, 50 %
  • then I tried charge it by connected it to my Laptop (Fujitsu C series - windows XP) for the first time
  • The USB icon device didn't show up. i tried put sd card at cybook, but it doesn't show up either on my laptop. But Show up in my Cybook.
  • I unplugged it again and tried every single USB port on my laptop ( there 3 USB port), still not work. My laptop doesn't even recognize that the Cybook is there
  • i also tried pressing the reset button on the back of the Cybook. And it still have same problem.The USB icon doesn't show up.
  • I tried charge again it became less, 40 % now.

what should I do ? I sent mail to booken today. Still wait their reply

btw i am in Indonesia. The voltage here is 220 V.

if possible i don't want use the extra battery, at Cybook3 package. It’s difficult to find this battery here.

thank you
witch_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by witch_moon View Post
  • The USB icon device didn't show up. i tried put sd card at cybook, but it doesn't show up either on my laptop. But Show up in my Cybook.
  • I unplugged it again and tried every single USB port on my laptop ( there 3 USB port), still not work. My laptop doesn't even recognize that the Cybook is there
Those steps are fine, just make sure that:

a) The Cybook is turned ON before you plug it to the computer. It needs to be on for the computer to recognize it as a storage unit.

b) You plug the USB cable completely inside the Cybook. Note that it needs a thinner than usual plug there and, if you don't insert it completely, it can show the "charging" icon but not appear in the computer (it has happened to me).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
witch_moon
witch_moon began at the beginning.

Device: cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Those steps are fine, just make sure that:

a) The Cybook is turned ON before you plug it to the computer. It needs to be on for the computer to recognize it as a storage unit.

b) You plug the USB cable completely inside the Cybook. Note that it needs a thinner than usual plug there and, if you don't insert it completely, it can show the "charging" icon but not appear in the computer (it has happened to me).

you right

then :

a) Done

b) Done

it's work now !! it's charging and my laptop recognize it !!!

witch_moon is offline   Reply With Quote