Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #1066
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My exercise activity goes up in fall -- when I can take long after dinner walks without dying of a heat stroke or sweating through all my clothes - I don't tolerate humidity at all these days - so am confined indoors in the summer.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:13 AM   #1067
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Congrats on losing 23 pounds / 14 stone 9 / 10.5kg!
14 stone 9! That would be impressive. So long as you started out at 25+ stone. Otherwise it would be worrying!

23 pounds is just over one and a half stone.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #1068
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
14 stone 9! That would be impressive. So long as you started out at 25+ stone. Otherwise it would be worrying!

23 pounds is just over one and a half stone.
Of course it is! I was fixated on the 14 pounds = 1 stone.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #1069
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
How is everyone else doing on the weight-loss front?
I am on maintenance plus trying to lose additional few kilos. A few years ago I have discovered Paleo diet and managed to lose some 17+kg. Before starting the diet (the only one I EVER tried) my BMI was in the obese range, today it is at the upper limit of the normal range.

With Paleo you can have substantial dinner, with lots of fats, proteins and vegetables, so you are not tempted to snack afterwards.

Each of us is different and the Paleo diet (I know, stupid name) suits me very well. I do not need to count calories, I do not need to be hungry, I do not need to eat food that I dislike just because it fits a diet. After being on Paleo diet for about 4 + years my eating habits and tastes have changed and it is even easier now to stick to healthy eating.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #1070
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
My exercise activity goes up in fall -- when I can take long after dinner walks without dying of a heat stroke or sweating through all my clothes - I don't tolerate humidity at all these days - so am confined indoors in the summer.
I guessing that you would feel like our summer is your fall. Walking outside from Octoberish onwards is rarely a treat.

Quote:
Of course it is! I was fixated on the 14 pounds = 1 stone.
I didn't spot the error. I'd be dead if that was the case, weighing less than nothing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
With Paleo you can have substantial dinner, with lots of fats, proteins and vegetables, so you are not tempted to snack afterwards.
I'm definitely having a look into this one.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #1071
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
I bought a pedal exerciser at Amazon for that purpose. When it's too hot in the summer or too cold and slippery in the winter I can just sit back and pedal some of the calories away. It was inexpensive and doesn't take up much space which is a big issue in an apt.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:31 AM   #1072
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I bought a pedal exerciser at Amazon for that purpose. When it's too hot in the summer or too cold and slippery in the winter I can just sit back and pedal some of the calories away. It was inexpensive and doesn't take up much space which is a big issue in an apt.
I did too - I have a model you can use while sitting, and one you use standing up. Helpful, but just not the same as walking outside.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #1073
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Each of us is different and the Paleo diet (I know, stupid name) suits me very well. I do not need to count calories, I do not need to be hungry, I do not need to eat food that I dislike just because it fits a diet. After being on Paleo diet for about 4 + years my eating habits and tastes have changed and it is even easier now to stick to healthy eating.
I follow a similar way of eating to the Paleo Diet where I restrict carbohydrates in all forms (sugars, breads, pasta, potatoes, some vegetables, some fruit, etc.).

Back in 2008 and 2009, I went from 248 lb. down to 190 lb., but then started allowing myself the occasional carb-rich treat here and there. Doing that too many times, especially over a long Summer vacation this year pushed me back over 200 lb. I'm back to my normal way of eating and was 196.8 lb. this morning. I still have a way to go, but I know I can get there if I stay disciplined.

Like kacir mentioned, a low-carb diet works well for me without being hungry or counting calories.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #1074
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
I did too - I have a model you can use while sitting, and one you use standing up. Helpful, but just not the same as walking outside.
True. Mine is one of the sit down models. I agree it isn't the same but when you can't get outside it can come in handy. I used to walk around in Wal-Mart a lot when it was down the street from me. Now it's further out on the edge of town and therefore a lot harder to get to.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #1075
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now this has potential!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21728370_1736298389737734_8838329407053195406_n.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	159037  
Old 09-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #1076
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm not on diet but I have lost five Inches to my waist in the past couple months.

I was walking to the other room when my pants literally fell down. They've been feeling loose but I didn't expect them to just fall down.

Those pants have been retired along with a few more pairs the same size.

I had to find my measuring tape after that. Sure enough, Iost five inches. My scale does not have a battery so I can't tell you if I lost any pounds.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #1077
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Who is on a diet. Come on I know you all are!

My weight fluctuates. I lost 160 lbs 11 years ago by eating healthy and exercising like a maniac. And by exercising, I mean lifting heavy weights, a little running. Moving and depression sort of crept my weight back up so now I've cut out sugared and diet soda, and am back to eating better. Transportation is an issue to actually get to my favorite gym so I haven't really been exercising. Lost about 10 lbs just cutting the soda and counting calories in MyFitnessPal.

I was an athlete as a kid and teenager so I love to exercise. Just so out of shape currently. I feel lighter and can walk faster than I had all year, like I used to do a couple years ago which makes me extremely happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #1078
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
@Blossom - get a belt (or some smaller britches)! :-) Whatever you are doing, it sounds like it is working.

@sydmalicious - I'm always amazed at how long it takes me to lose weight, but how fast it accumulates when I go off my diet. It doesn't seem fair. Way to go on losing 10 lbs! Keep up the good work.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #1079
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Heh. No one's posted here for three months. I know in my case, it's because it's been one big old plateau. Nothing lost but nothing gained.

I know, I know; who's on a diet ten days before Christmas? But I've got my fingers crossed that if I'm mindful now, I won't be faced with a disaster on January 2.

I'm still trying to shift slightly under ten pounds. I've finally got the evening munchies under control (see above), but the cocktail hour is more than I can resist. I'm trying to steer it more to olives and veg as an accompaniment to the vino rather than cheese. Baby steps, baby steps.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 12-14-2017, 07:56 AM   #1080
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
How is everyone else doing?
Not so well. Winter has come in force, and I'm not going for the walks that help me maintain/lose weight. I have put 7 pounds back on in the last 3 or 4 months (still down 14 pounds on my starting position, but with Christmas nearly here I can't see doing anything about it until the New Year).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote