Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch, LG G Pad. Asus 7.0
Unhappy Calibre - Changing Author Title and Deleting

Can you tell me if it is possible to set up Calibre to show Title and Title sort to show the identical name As I change it every time
eg The Reading Group and Reading Group,The.
Want them both to say The Reading Group Is this possible automatically?

Also should books on my Kobo that I delete from it --
(while it is USB plugged in to pc and Calibre opened ) also then be deleted from my Calibre Library too?
Just found out and having to re import them again Grrr
polli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by polli View Post
Can you tell me if it is possible to set up Calibre to show Title and Title sort to show the identical name As I change it every time

(while it is USB plugged in to pc and Calibre opened ) also then be deleted from my Calibre Library too?
What view (Library or Device)?
How are you deleting(list exact steps)?

I work from Library view when deleting from my PEz.
I right-click on a title (has on device ticked),
I use "Delete selected book from device".

I never had it touch my Library copy.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:

To set the Title and Title Sort to be the same, set the tweak 'Author sort name algorithm' to 'Copy' (in Preferences -> Tweaks)

And no, the books will not be deleted from your library when in Device View, but they will be deleted when you are in Library View. It's a good habit to get into to always use the arrow beside the Remove Books icon or the right mouse button and the Remove Books submenu.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

I was in Device view and deleted a few books as noted they were incorrect titles
They have gone from Calibre too!
I was planning on re editing them in Calibre and re adding

Regarding Tweaks where is it? Plus I only want to change the title sort box to be the same as Title box

Though is it possible to do it for the Author too? lol
But is it too late now I have 400 books Really dont want to edit them all again
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
I was in Device view and deleted a few books as noted they were incorrect titles

Regarding Tweaks where is it? Plus I only want to change the title sort box to be the same as Title box

The books should not have been deleted from Calibre. When in Device View the Delete Books button warns that the books will be permanently deleted from your device and that is exactly what happened when I just tried it: gone from my DX but still in the Calibre library. Are you sure you weren't in Library View?

The tweaks are in Preferences (Preferences -> Tweaks). For authors, set 'Author sort name algorithm' to 'copy'; to get the titles the way you want, set 'title_series_sorting' and 'save_template_title_series_sorting' to 'strictly_alphabetic'

To get them all fixed: Edit Metadata in Bulk is your friend.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Tweak setting is arrived a using the Tweaks button near the bottom of Preferences.
Other settings are on "adding books" or one of the "Look and feel" tabs

You might take a few moments and just look over (make no changes at this time ) each Preference, just to see what is available .

BTW, some changes do not affect what is already within your library, only future additions.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
polli
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Th

The tweaks are in Preferences (Preferences -> Tweaks). For authors, set 'Author sort name algorithm' to 'copy'; to get the titles the way you want, set 'title_series_sorting' and 'save_template_title_series_sorting' to 'strictly_alphabetic'

To get them all fixed: Edit Metadata in Bulk is your friend.
Very very confused now lol

Not in Library view no
Old 11-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
polli
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Tweak setting is arrived a using the Tweaks button near the bottom of Preferences.
Other settings are on "adding books" or one of the "Look and feel" tabs

You might take a few moments and just look over (make no changes at this time ) each Preference, just to see what is available .

BTW, some changes do not affect what is already within your library, only future additions.
Thankyou Have now found Tweaks But the menu is very confusing and wondering if it is easier to change the titles myself still
Old 12-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #9
polli
Zealot

Calibre - Still struggling with Authors names here folks

Still trying to figure out how to change the authors name in Calibre
Want both boxes to be identical eg 1st name, last name.

Make it easy please I now have 500 books to sort out.