Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #46
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
PE has arrived, looks brand new, with all packaging, wrapping, and sticky plastic protector sheets! So far so good, charging it now.

Tracking # still yields no results.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #47
TracyLynn
TracyLynn began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, enTourage Pocket eDGe
OhSewMe, (Love your Id by the way! )--Still no enTourage eDGe
I live in NH so I'm not exactly far from NY. I could see if I were living in CA or AZ but I AM in the New England states..sigh! Patience is NOT my greatest virtue. Momma always told me I had to have everything the day before yesterday!--Hmmm..I wonder if there is a shipping option for that?
The good news is this: I checked my account and low and behold....I see a tracking number! But of course it gave me misinformation. The link led me to the UPS website? We all know that 1SaleADay delivers everything by USPS= United States Postal Service. Well it's no wonder the tracking number can't be traced when you enter it through UPS! Duh! Take your number, copy it and go to USPS.com, then enter it in their tracking option instead. Voila! Mine says it's been shipped and is out for delivery.
Now I wait...some more...
TracyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #48
TracyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
PE has arrived, looks brand new, with all packaging, wrapping, and sticky plastic protector sheets! So far so good, charging it now.

Tracking # still yields no results.
For some odd reason the link for the tracking numbers they give are going to UPS and not USPS. Take your tracking number and go to www.usps.com and enter it. You should see the results.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #49
TracyLynn

♪♫ Oh Happy Day! ♪♫
It's here! And she is beautiful! This is probably the BEST money I've spent in a long time! Can't wait until its fully charged so I can play!
I'm sure I'll be making full use of this forum as I attempt to navigate all the new & foreign territory of the enTourage eDGe.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 AM   #50
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead, TracyLynn! Love your enthusiasm!

Enjoy your new PE!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #51
OhSewMe
OhSewMe began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynn View Post
OhSewMe, (Love your Id by the way! )
Thanks TracyLynn!! I'm sooooo glad you finally got yours....I guess they saved the best for last ....you will be busy taking PE classes for a while....

I have barely gotten past the ermine update.....I'm still cautiously looking around, bit by by bit.....AND, my son ended up finding out about it and has played with it more than I have!! I knew I should have gotten two!! Now, I just hope they will have another sale on them.....so I can order another one, or two....

Enjoy!!!
OhSewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #52
monkeytailz
monkeytailz began at the beginning.

Got mine today! I have ordered several things from 1SaleADay and never had a problem. Charging my eDGe now and am going to read all the posts and see what I can do with this new toy!
monkeytailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #53
monkeytailz
monkeytailz began at the beginning.

Quote:
For some odd reason the link for the tracking numbers they give are going to UPS and not USPS. Take your tracking number and go to www.usps.com and enter it. You should see the results.
Yep...that happened to me, too. They told me UPS, but it came by USPS and I never could get the tracking number to work.
monkeytailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #54
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSewMe View Post
Thanks TracyLynn!! I'm sooooo glad you finally got yours....I guess they saved the best for last ....you will be busy taking PE classes for a while....

I have barely gotten past the ermine update.....I'm still cautiously looking around, bit by by bit.....AND, my son ended up finding out about it and has played with it more than I have!! I knew I should have gotten two!! Now, I just hope they will have another sale on them.....so I can order another one, or two....

Enjoy!!!
This latest one I ordered is for my Hubby -- we are now a two PE household!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #55
TracyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, TracyLynn! Love your enthusiasm!

Enjoy your new PE!
Thanks for the welcome Filark! I look forward to reading & learning what I can from the forum.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #56
TracyLynn

So glad to see that others are finally receiving their PE's as well. I'm wondering if perhaps they're being sent alphabetically according the our last names? Who the heck knows? Whatever the shipping procedure may be, it seems so far that everyone is getting theirs in good shape & with no issues. I'm thinking that the major issue that was mentioned earlier in the thread was an isolated one (hopefully) and/or... 1SaleADay has since made significant improvements as a result of such incidents?
On another note: Being a newbie here and the fact this forum is so large that I'm getting lost trying to navigate my way around here...so I'm not sure where to ask this. but I've read several times that "Ermine" is needed for the eDGe. Could someone please explain why it's needed, what it does and or possibly submit a link where I can find more info and download this?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #57
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
On another note: Being a newbie here and the fact this forum is so large that I'm getting lost trying to navigate my way around here...so I'm not sure where to ask this. but I've read several times that "Ermine" is needed for the eDGe. Could someone please explain why it's needed, what it does and or possibly submit a link where I can find more info and download this?
Ermine is the update to version 2.2 of Android adapted for the eDGe.

The main reason to update to it is to allow those apps that have a minimum requirement of version 2.2 to work. Please not that not all apps work even if they will work on a phone with 2.2 - the reason is that many apps look for phone hardware, and since the eDGe is a tablet it does not have things like GPS, accelerometers and so on, they won't load or work.

If you decide to go for the Ermine update read this thread first
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237
then check every step at least twice before proceeding on to the next

Last edited by ivanjt; 07-30-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Ermine details
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #58
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
This latest one I ordered is for my Hubby -- we are now a two PE household!
Congratulations, Glow! I was hoping that would happen in my household, but my husband is sticking with his Kindle and multiple computers . . . I don't understand how he can watch what my EE and PE do and not be enticed . . .

Warm welcome to Monkeytailz and all the other new owners.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #59
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Congratulations, Glow! I was hoping that would happen in my household, but my husband is sticking with his Kindle and multiple computers . . . I don't understand how he can watch what my EE and PE do and not be enticed . . .

Warm welcome to Monkeytailz and all the other new owners.
Filark, maybe you need a new hubby!!! LOL
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:23 AM   #60
Filark

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticmaniac View Post
Filark, maybe you need a new hubby!!! LOL

Nah! He's a keeper!