Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2022, 07:39 AM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
[Bug/Imperfection] Folder selection window appearing behind main window on Linux/KDE

Hi,

This is a small bug/imperfection. I don't know if it can even be fixed by calibre itself.

I'm running calibre (latest version, installed through Flatpak) on Debian 11, Bullseye, under KDE 5.20.5. When I save books to disk by clicking "Save in Single Directory" in the right-click menu, the folder selection dialog appears behind the calibre window.

First time I did this since I'm running calibre on this computer it took me a few moments to find the window/determine that calibre was actually doing something. Now it's not an issue (I just get to the window from KDE's taskbar), but I can imagine that this is confusing for newer users of the program.

I don't know if this is an easy fix, a super-hard fix, or impossible to fix because it's an issue with KWin or the Flatpak package. Just wanted to let you know about it.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Doesnt reproduce for me, its likely a side effect of the flatpak.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert