Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
How to use first page of pdf book as the cover?

Hi

I have bunch of pdfs and I want to use their first pages as the cover for the Calibre book records. Is it possible to do this in Calibre in an auto way? I have hundreds of pdfs andI do not want to do it manually ;(

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Select all books, click edit metadata information, choose the set cover from ebook file option
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Select all books, click edit metadata information, choose the set cover from ebook file option
Kovid, you can not do that!!! That was just too easy to begin with.

Thanks again
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
jburnsiii
jburnsiii began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Old thread, but connected question.

I have a bunch of PDF magazines where the SECOND page is the cover. Any way to bulk change that? (ie highlight all the once I want to change, edit in bulk, and choose second page for all/)
jburnsiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:43 AM   #5
IamAciD
IamAciD began at the beginning.

Device: Linux
Sorry too for reviving for a pretty old thread, but the question never really got answered completely.

I have lots of cbr files where the cover does not show.
When I edit one of them and click the "get cover from the selected format" button on the upper right side, I get that error :
Code:
calibre, version 4.99.6
ERREUR : Impossible de lire la couverture: Impossible de lire la couverture à partir du format cbr
...which translate to
Code:
ERROR: Impossible to read the cover: Impossible to read the cover from cbr format
Is there another way to tell calibre to just use the very first page (or any page as the previous user asked)?

Thanks for this great app by the way
IamAciD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2020, 05:43 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the official calibre binary instead of your distro calibre and you will get covers from cbr files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:34 AM   #7
IamAciD
IamAciD began at the beginning.

Device: Linux
In fact, I was misusing the app ; you first have to select the cbr file, THEN click the button to fetch the cover.
Perhaps in the more recent version Calibre detects there is only one file to fetch from ?

Anyway, thank you for your support
IamAciD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:44 PM   #8
account1
account1 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Why doesn't calibre use the first page as the cover when importing PDF?
I have to manually do it as instruction provided above for only some of the PDF file.
What cause calibre doesn't automatically use the first page as the cover and require to set manually?

Thank you!
account1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:11 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by account1 View Post
Why doesn't calibre use the first page as the cover when importing PDF?
It always has for me.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote